Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
As a recently new employee of Witco, I have the chance to purchase company stock throught the 401k plan. The company announced a fairly aggressive restructuring plan about 1 year ago and I was wondering if others throught this was a good purchase based on turn around potential. The stock has fallen more than 10 points in the last year. Reasons related to restructuring, Asian crisis and strong European currencies seem like reasonable explainations. I would be interested in hearing others thoughts on this stock.

Thanks,
MSJL714
Print the post Back To Top
If you really want some varied views on Witco, go to http://quote.yahoo.com & look at the message board that is available when you ask for a wit quote.

Witco is way down from its 52 week high of about $40: I think it's a good buy & pays a great dividend yield for a chemical company. I expect it to rebound, but it could take a year. Meanwhile, take advantage of your 401k deal with the stock @ $14. You can always sell & change your 401k option later.
As a recently new employee of Witco,

I am a little confused.

or

should i say you were confused by the close similarity in the names. This board is for discussion about a company called WIPRO. You are an employee of WITCO. see the difference.

Just clarifying. May be you will get good results(relies) if you posted in the right board.

Thanks

srik
Advertisement