UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: AntFool Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 76384  
Subject: Investment Workbook and IRA mix questions Date: 11/20/1998 2:55 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Okay, I've read the books (last being the Investment Workbook), opened my Discount Broker IRA account and had the funds from my old mutual fund transferred. I think I have determined my sleep level with a mix of FF, Consumer Giants and Small-caps. Three questions:
1. FF topic (Variations on a Theme by TMF AnnC): except for 1991 and 1997 the RP looks to have beat the FF; over the last 25 years the RP also appears to be up over $1,000,000. Why not use the RP for the core of my IRA?
2. Consumer Giants: Is there a place in Fooldom that address these? Are they not mostly members of the Dow 30 that are NOT having problems like the Dogs of the Dow? Or are these members of the Cash King Group? I'm a little confused here?????
3. Small Caps: Is this where the Fool Portfolio comes in? Where is the "idea sharing" about small caps going on in Fooldom as I read about in the Iomega example?

A learning Fool
Print the post Back To Top
Author: slwjpw Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 6689 of 76384
Subject: Re: Investment Workbook and IRA mix questions Date: 11/20/1998 10:05 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Okay, I've read the books (last being the Investment
Workbook), opened my Discount Broker IRA account and had the funds from my old mutual fund transferred. I think I have determined my sleep level with a mix of FF, Consumer Giants and Small-caps. Three questions:

1. FF topic (Variations on a Theme by TMF AnnC): except for 1991 and 1997 the RP looks to have beat the FF; over the last 25 years the RP also appears to be up over $1,000,000. Why not use the RP for the core of my IRA?
RP is an excellent choice

2. Consumer Giants: Is there a place in Fooldom that
address these? Are they not mostly members of the Dow 30 that are NOT having problems like the Dogs of the Dow? Or are these members of the Cash King Group? I'm a little confused here?????
If you do a screen on the largest cap stocks, I think most of the top 25 will not be in the DOW. Try searches on Cash King and Merchant King.

3. Small Caps: Is this where the Fool Portfolio comes in? Where is the "idea sharing" about small caps going on in Fooldom as I read about in the Iomega example?
Try the Fools School; last 5 steps.

Phil

.02 for SOS

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement