No. of Recommendations: 0
Investorwanabe writes:

<<I'm covered by a employer's 401(K) plan and my income my exceed $160,000 for tax year 2000. My spouse is not employed and currently has a Roth IRA. However because of income we have reached the phase out stage for the Roth IRA. Can my spouse make nondeductible contributions to a regular IRA? Thanks for the help.>>

Yes, and so can you. You just can't make a contribution to a Roth IRA or a deductible traditional IRA. However, provided you are under the age of 70 1/2 and have the earned income to do so, then you may always contribute to a nondeductible traditional IRA.

Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.