UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: RoadScholar5 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 883885  
Subject: iPhone Date: 3/23/2013 1:17 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Over the past year, I've become a mostly virtual, mobile employee.

The cellphone provided to me to do my job was outdated and not very useful, so I basically ended up forwarding those calls to my personal smartphone and using that instead of the employer provided phone.

Well, now my employer has just upgraded me to a new iPhone, so that changes things.

My personal smartphone package is coming to the end of two year contract.

Now that I have an iPhone, I could probably downgrade to something less expensive for personal use - since my personal use is basically limited to voice and text.

Suggestions to reduce my personal wireless bill?

Thanks, RS
Print the post Back To Top
Author: tconi Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 872679 of 883885
Subject: Re: iPhone Date: 3/23/2013 2:43 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
something without a contract - is the iphone compatible with ting or straighttalk?

peace & no contracts
t

Author: RoadScholar5 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 872680 of 883885
Subject: Re: iPhone Date: 3/23/2013 2:47 PM
Um...not sure, I just got it last night. Can I find out by playing around the touchpad? LOL

RS

PS - what do those do?

Author: cosmos284 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 872705 of 883885
Subject: Re: iPhone Date: 3/23/2013 11:10 PM
My personal smartphone package is coming to the end of two year contract.

Now that I have an iPhone, I could probably downgrade to something less expensive for personal use - since my personal use is basically limited to voice and text.

Suggestions to reduce my personal wireless bill?

When I went off contract (I was on my sister's plan, I've never had a contract), I went to the carrier with my phone and switched it to a prepaid. I kept the same phone, and just got a new sim card. FWIW, my carrier is T-Mobile.

I put $25 on the phone, and when it runs low I added more. For over 3 years I got by averaging about $10 a month in cell phone fees. There were a couple of times I went through more, but I liked having the cell and I didn't mind paying for it as I was using it. As long as I spent $100 per year the minutes didn't expire.

Cosmos

Author: Windowseat Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 872706 of 883885
Subject: Re: iPhone Date: 3/23/2013 11:26 PM
As long as I spent $100 per year the minutes didn't expire.

If you have some leftover minutes, when you go in at the end of the year ask if you can carry them forward. They'll usually ask for $10.00 or so, but carrying those minutes forward can be great. They did it for me (after I learned the tip on this board).

Nancy

Author: RoadScholar5 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 872884 of 883885
Subject: Re: iPhone Date: 3/27/2013 8:31 AM
as an aside, this new iPhone has been kept turned on for 6 days straight and never recharged. I am amazed at the battery in this thing.

Anyway, will be talking to T Mobile about a pre paid for personal use, thanks.

RS

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement