No. of Recommendations: 0
I have an older iphone (I believe it is an iPhone 3) from July 2010. At times when I am on the phone I need to enter in data via the keypad (i.e., when dealing with automated answering systems) so I move the phone from my ear, press the keypad button and start entering the digits.

The problem is that the key pad will vanish at times so I have to press the keypad button again but in the meantime either the system times out or I miss type an entry.

Is there a way to prevent this? Is it detecting some motion when I am holding it and for some reason triggers the keypad to shut off?

It happens often enough to be annoying.

Similar to https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3697254?start=0&tst...
which didn't contain a useful solution.

Thanks
Rich
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement