Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
Ira (and others),

There are a number of specific tests that would determine whether this is non-SE income, but I can't see how you can avoid SE-tax in this case.

Can you tell me where I can find these conditions? My spouse is a resident. Her employer is a medical college. One of the hospitals she works at during her residency gives her a bonus each year. We've paid SE taxes for the past 2 years, but I would like to avoid those this year if we could.

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.