Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: RGOLDPET Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 19026  
Subject: IRA and Treasuries Date: 4/2/2000 8:55 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Is it ok to have a mutual fund that invests in US Govt notes as a safe IRA? I know about inflation but am interested in safety as I probably cannot wait for a recovery should equitys tank. Any safe suggestions?
Print the post Back To Top
Author: rjm1 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3351 of 19026
Subject: Re: IRA and Treasuries Date: 4/2/2000 9:15 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Is it ok to have a mutual fund that invests in US Govt notes as a safe IRA? I know about inflation but am interested in
safety as I probably cannot wait for a recovery should equitys tank. Any safe suggestions?

Yes, but you might want to do a little research on inflation. A 100% fixed income investment has more risk that one of stock and fixed income.

What did a gallon of mike cost 20 years ago and what does it cost today? For that matter what does an gallon of gas cost today.

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement