Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
Good morning everyone. I wasn't able to find an answer looking through the IRS website...

My question is, can I request Stock Certificates for stocks I only hold in my IRA?

I wasn't sure if this would somehow be interpreted as a withdrawl. I'm not too keen on E*Trade charging me to get them, but it's a stock I will hold forever, and would rather have my name on file with the company as a shareholder, vs. just "street name."

Any thoughts?

Print the post  


What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.