UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: wkb Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 75782  
Subject: IRA Contribution Limint Date: 2/1/1999 4:53 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Am I correct in my belief that there is no income limit for NON-deductible IRA contributions?
Print the post Back To Top
Author: TMFPixy Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 8247 of 75782
Subject: Re: IRA Contribution Limint Date: 2/1/1999 6:06 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Greetings, WKB, and welcome. You asked:

<<Am I correct in my belief that there is no income limit for NON-deductible IRA contributions?>>

That's absolutely correct for a nondeductible traditional IRA. The Roth IRA also allows nondeductible contributions, but none may be made to that vehicle if AGI exceeds $110K for single filers or $160K for joint filers.

Regards….Pixy

Author: peppermintpatty Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 8255 of 75782
Subject: Re: IRA Contribution Limint Date: 2/1/1999 11:09 PM
Sorry, all IRA contributions are limited to $2,000/year. PP

Author: peppermintpatty Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 8257 of 75782
Subject: Re: IRA Contribution Limint Date: 2/1/1999 11:13 PM
OOPS! I didn't read carefully. You asked about income limited, not contribution limit. Sorry! PP

Author: IndecisiveFool Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 8259 of 75782
Subject: Re: IRA Contribution Limint Date: 2/1/1999 11:27 PM
<<Am I correct in my belief that there is no income limit for NON-deductible IRA contributions?>>

That's absolutely correct for a nondeductible traditional IRA. The Roth IRA also allows nondeductible contributions, but none may be made to that vehicle if AGI exceeds $110K for single filers or $160K for joint filers.

To add to Pixy's answer. Just being picky. ;)

There is a minimum income limit for the yearly maximum IRA contribution of $2000. You will need at least $2000 in earned income.

..IF

P.S. To explain my reasons for being picky. One, it's past my bedtime. Two, there have been several questions in the past about the ability to make contributions when the person only had unearned income.

Author: TMFPixy Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 8278 of 75782
Subject: Re: IRA Contribution Limint Date: 2/2/1999 11:38 AM
IF sez:

To add to Pixy's answer. Just being picky. ;)

There is a minimum income limit for the yearly maximum IRA contribution of $2000. You will need at least $2000 in earned income.

…P.S. To explain my reasons for being picky. One, it's past my bedtime. Two, there have been several questions in the past about the ability to make contributions when the person only had unearned income.>>

Pickiness for the sake of accuracy is always welcome. And I do hope you got some sleep so you don't get cranky. :-)

Regards….Pixy

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement