No. of Recommendations: 0
I would like to contribute $2,000 to my traditional IRA which I set up several years ago when contributions were fully deductible. My adjusted gross income is over the limit, so I know I will not be able to deduct my contribution. Am I right in assuming I can contribute to my IRA even though I cannot deduct the contribution?

I appologize if this question is answered in an earlier post. My searching didn't find any.

Thanks, and seasons greetings.

Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.