Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: MCW28 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 121594  
Subject: IRA contributions Date: 3/5/1998 10:17 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I need to know if I can deposit tax free money(1997 tax year) in an ira and then withdrawl the money penalty and tax free within a few months(April '98) to purchase a home.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: TMFTaxes Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2419 of 121594
Subject: Re: IRA contributions Date: 3/5/1998 11:41 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
[[I need to know if I can deposit tax free money(1997 tax year) in an ira and then withdrawl the
money penalty and tax free within a few months(April '98) to purchase a home.]]

Sorry, but I'm not following the thread of your question. But, as a generaly statement, you do NOT want to deposit funds in an IRA (tax free or otherwise) that you'll need in the immediate future. There are simply too many hoops to jump through and tax traps that you'll get nailed with to screw around with something like this.

TMF Taxes
Roy

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement