UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: hoffmanb Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 108  
Subject: IRA Contributions? Date: 2/8/2000 11:28 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
It is my understanding that for a traditional IRA you can Invest up to 2,000 per tax year. My question is does your contribution have to be made all at one time?
Print the post Back To Top
Author: kyratroy Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 13 of 108
Subject: Re: IRA Contributions? Date: 2/18/2000 3:02 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
OOOOOO!!!!! Good question. I was wondering the same thing myself. I beleive that it is a one time contribution per year. So that leaves me with another question. Can I make periodic investments throughout the year....in the stock market and roll these over into my IRA. If I can will I be taxed on them. I beleive I already know the answers to these questions but would like some confirmation. Thank you for your time.

Author: xaphod Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 16 of 108
Subject: Re: IRA Contributions? Date: 3/21/2000 7:11 PM
This one I know. There are very few questions I can answer. The answer is no, you do not have to make a lump sum contribution to an IRA of any sort (be it a Roth or a traditional IRA). You can make contributions throughout the year until you reach the maximum limit set up by law. (Incidently, I understand there is talk of raising the maximum limit on IRA contributions...

Author: xaphod Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 17 of 108
Subject: Re: IRA Contributions? Date: 3/21/2000 7:14 PM
Please see the reply to the original post...

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement