No. of Recommendations: 0
I am 52 years old and planning to do a 72t distribution from my IRA. My question is rather specific because I have done alot of research on the pro's and con's.

My Brokerage firm (a big one) has a disclaimer that they accept no responsibility for the tax issues and I should consult a tax specialist. Since they are calculating the annual withdrawal it seems strange that they don't (at least) take responsibility for the calculation.

I am using the single life annuitization method which seems to be a pretty simple calcualtion.

Any fools out their who have done a 72t, have experience with the calculation, and can give me their thoughts about needing a tax expert to confirm what looks pretty simple?

Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.