UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: onthecurve Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 74759  
Subject: IRA Diversity - Motley Fool Strategy Date: 10/6/2012 5:55 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I am 10 years from retirement and most of my money is in roll over accounts in my IRA. My money is in the Million Dollar Portfolio and MDP - Deep Value. I have minimal time to research on my own.

My question is: Should I diversify amongst the MF Premium Advices or for long term just focus on one? Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Marc
Print the post Back To Top
Author: ResNullius Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 71023 of 74759
Subject: Re: IRA Diversity - Motley Fool Strategy Date: 10/6/2012 7:47 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 11
Personally, I wouldn't follow any financial advice given by TMF. Try the Boglehead Board.

Author: joelxwil Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 71026 of 74759
Subject: Re: IRA Diversity - Motley Fool Strategy Date: 10/7/2012 2:41 PM
Well, if you are going to own individual stocks, you need to find the time to re-assess each holding every day. I do not think that you can determine a stock to be a long-term hold ahead of time. Not saying that no stock is a long-term hold, just that it is impossible to know ahead of time. A lot of things can happen.

Even if you hold index funds or ETFs, you still need to pay attention.

Whenever you buy something you should decide under what circumstances you would sell. You may change your decision criteria at some point for some reason, of course, but you should always have sell criteria.

Author: hildy Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 71029 of 74759
Subject: Re: IRA Diversity - Motley Fool Strategy Date: 10/7/2012 4:42 PM
Personally, I wouldn't follow any financial advice given by TMF. Try the Boglehead Board.

-ResNullius

Howdy guys, especially you ResNullius... I just tried to find the TMF Boglehead Board, which I associate with Vanguard & the John Bogle, the founder(?) of the (My) Vanguard Index funds, but could not find a Boglehead board.

Just as I was trying to find his "first name", I discovered another webpage: www.bogleheads.org/ is this the page you, and others (rec's) are referring to?

~Sorry for being so dense; Hildy

Author: culcha Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 71031 of 74759
Subject: Re: IRA Diversity - Motley Fool Strategy Date: 10/7/2012 7:35 PM
That's the one!

Author: onthecurve Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 71053 of 74759
Subject: Re: IRA Diversity - Motley Fool Strategy Date: 10/15/2012 1:48 AM
Thanks!! Sounds like I need to spend more time doing more on my own.

Bogleheads looks interesting. Thanks for the reference.

Marc

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement