Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I was wondering what the rules were for paying IRA account fees with money from outside the IRA account. My broker says that it is alright to pay the yearly service charge with non-contributed money, but that commisions on stocks must be paid from within the IRA. My feeling is that it should either be possible to pay all costs and fees from outside the IRA or they should all be from within. Otherwise it seems to allow a loophole for certain individuals. But, I don't know - any help from the crowd?
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.