No. of Recommendations: 0
My husband has been putting his IRA's in CD's. Since the rate is so low I think he should invest in a mutual fund for his IRA. Can he transfer the IRA from previous years (the CD is due) and combine it with one for this year? What would be a good fund to start with? Could this be done online or should he go to a broker? Thanks for any help.
Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.