Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
currently my etrade account is under my name, my husband is 62 years old, I can contribute up to $2000 per year, but since we file taxes jointly can i add my husband's name to my etrade account so we can contribute $4000 to ira? also, I heard that ira is taxable, so if i contribute $2000 to my ira, i would also have to pay ($600) assuming i am in the 20-30% tax bracket? so total is $2600? Thanks
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.