Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
My fiancee recently left her job and decided to roll over her 401k account. She rolled over her account into a traditional IRA account and then converted the traditional IRA account into a Roth IRA account. Unfortunately, she did not fill in the account application section which would have waived all federal withholding tax. Her account is now 10% lighter and I suspect she is also subject to a 10% premature distribution penalty tax. Is there anyway to fix this error either now or on her tax return?
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.