Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I would like to transfer my cash balance from my IRA to a Roth IRA. However, because of the brokerage charges of $55-150 per trade (that I designate), I want to open an "E-Trade" type of account and manage the new ROTH IRA myself for the $7-8 brokerage charge per sale/buy. How do I sign up for an on-line account and have it designated as a ROTH IRA that I control. I obviously need to do this by Dec 31, 1999.

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.