Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
Dear Friends,

During last financial year I worked in more then one state. One month in NY and rest of months in MI. So my significant portion of income is out of MI state then NY. The income tax in NY is much higher then MI.

My question is with respect to getting IRA tax deduction in income tax return for states. Can I claim full IRA tax deduction in NY tax return or it need to prorate in each state's income tax return?

Print the post  


When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.