No. of Recommendations: 0
I've recently figured out that I should keep my one and only mutual fund and and dividend paying stocks in my IRA and have my growth stocks in my taxable acct(which I don't have yet).

The problem: My oldest child just received a great financil aid package for his first year of college. It is my understanding that monies in an IRA are not looked at but monies in a taxable acct would be looked at. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think I should let my investments ride in my IRA until all my kids are out of college. If at that time I wish to open a taxable acct for growth stocks I'd be better off later rather than sooner.

Thanks in advance for your input, m
Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.