UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: trismus Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 176594  
Subject: Iran Date: 1/19/2013 6:31 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Senator Robert Menendez of New Jersey, who supports a more aggressive policy towards Iran than the Obama administration, stated on the Senate floor that “Our sanctions are having a demonstrable effect on the Iranian economy, but Iran is still working just as hard to develop nuclear weapons."

That's an assumption voiced as a definite.

Evidence is required to back up such declarations.

http://www.fpif.org/articles/time_for_a_reckoning_on_iran_sa...

Would I be right in assuming Menendez is just another AIPAC muppet?
Print the post Back To Top
Author: lhaselden Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 175032 of 176594
Subject: Re: Iran Date: 1/19/2013 8:16 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
Would I be right in assuming you are just another anti semitic british prick?

Author: trismus Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 175033 of 176594
Subject: Re: Iran Date: 1/20/2013 3:23 PM
Would I be right in assuming you are just another anti semitic british prick?

To resort to abuse, is the sign of defeat!

http://www.thejc.com/news/uk-news/98968/israel%E2%80%99s-set...

Author: trismus Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 175034 of 176594
Subject: Re: Iran Date: 1/20/2013 3:46 PM
•American Jews Oppose Settlement Expansion: By a margin of 60 to 40 percent, American Jews oppose the expansion of Israeli settlements in the West Bank based on "what they know" and after receiving short statements by supporters and opponents of settlement expansion. Simply put, attitudes toward settlements are highly negative and firmly held. Not surprisingly, opposition to settlements is higher among Reform (64 percent oppose) and unaffiliated Jews (69 percent oppose), in contrast to Orthodox Jews, who strongly support settlements (80 percent support). But one very interesting demographic finding is the strong opposition (72 percent oppose) among Jews who give money to political campaigns.

Now, here's the rub.

Is it better to be a British anti-Semitic prick, or an American Jewish anti-Semitic prick?

I realise you are to much of a 'plank' to know the difference between being anti-Semitic and anti-Israeli territorial theft.

Author: lhaselden Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 175035 of 176594
Subject: Re: Iran Date: 1/21/2013 6:27 AM
<<
•American Jews Oppose Settlement Expansion: By a margin of 60 to 40 percent, American Jews oppose the expansion of Israeli settlements in the West Bank based on "what they know" and after receiving short statements by supporters and opponents of settlement expansion. Simply put, attitudes toward settlements are highly negative and firmly held. Not surprisingly, opposition to settlements is higher among Reform (64 percent oppose) and unaffiliated Jews (69 percent oppose), in contrast to Orthodox Jews, who strongly support settlements (80 percent support). But one very interesting demographic finding is the strong opposition (72 percent oppose) among Jews who give money to political campaigns.

>>

The American government has opposed the increase in settlements for a long time... I do too.

In response to pressure from US the Israeli government removed Jewish settlements from Gaza and Hamas has consistently given the Israeli right the talking points for not removing and increasing settlements in the west bank. As settlements have increased, I am expecting that the 2-state solution will die. I think it was the most viable solution but it does not appear that the Israelis will give up the settlements in the West Bank....

So if a 2 state solution is dead then the Jewish state will also die... the demographics are such that more Moslems will be in Israel and the West Bank than Jews very soon unless they have already passed that threshhold... That demographic might have also been the motivation for moving out of Gaza.....

Author: trismus Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 175037 of 176594
Subject: Re: Iran Date: 1/21/2013 9:09 AM
In response to pressure from US the Israeli government removed Jewish settlements from Gaza

Do you get your history from Hollywood?

One commonly-made point by readers is that the Israeli decision to withdraw from Gaza "was a Dictatum from Washington." But that is not so. The Bush administration initially received the Gaza initiative coolly, seeing it (correctly) as fundamentally differing from its own Roadmap. Eventually, Washington came around and accepted it but there is no way to see the Gaza withdrawal as "Made in Washington."

http://www.danielpipes.org/blog/2005/04/sharons-gaza-withdra...

Author: lhaselden Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 175038 of 176594
Subject: Re: Iran Date: 1/21/2013 9:20 AM
<< In response to pressure from US the Israeli government removed Jewish settlements from Gaza
><
Do you get your history from Hollywood?

One commonly-made point by readers is that the Israeli decision to withdraw from Gaza "was a Dictatum from Washington." But that is not so. The Bush administration initially received the Gaza initiative coolly, seeing it (correctly) as fundamentally differing from its own Roadmap. Eventually, Washington came around and accepted it but there is no way to see the Gaza withdrawal as "Made in Washington."

http://www.danielpipes.org/blog/2005/04/sharons-gaza-withdra......

>>

Where in anything that i said did you invent that " the Gaza witdrawal "as Made in Washington""?????

I see where your point come from now you read a little and invent a lot!!!!!

Author: trismus Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 175039 of 176594
Subject: Re: Iran Date: 1/21/2013 10:54 AM
Where in anything that i said did you invent that " the Gaza witdrawal "as Made in Washington""?????

I see where your point come from now you read a little and invent a lot!!!!!

Check the side effects of your med's, you appear to be confused.

Author: ep0001 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 175040 of 176594
Subject: Re: Iran Date: 1/21/2013 11:54 AM
History is full of this stuff. If a government wants to take action and can, they will

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement