No. of Recommendations: 0
i just posted this on the beginner's investing board and only recieved one response. Hopefully i can get a little more advice.
i presently have a roth ira in the vanguard 500 index. i also have a traditional ira in tiaa-cref index funds. My wife and i have an adjusted gross income which will no longer allow me to contribute to my roth ira. Therefore, i am being charged a $20.00 annual fee because i am below the $5,000 minimum to avoid this fee. And since i will no longer be able to make contributions, will be charged fees for many years to come. I would like to keep my money in a 500 index, which i don't think tiaa-cref offers. i am considering tranfering my traditional ira from tiaa-cref to vanguard, and then if possible converting my roth ira into a traditional ira, and grouping all the money together into one fund. is this a wise thing to do? and is it possible to do?
Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.