No. of Recommendations: 0
I recieve a monthly disability retirement annuity (taxed) that is reported on a 1099, along with other small investments that also report via Form 1099. I have been told I cannot open an IRA of any kind because I do not receive a W-2 wage earning statement. Is there anything comparable to an IRA that I can do with my money for tax purposes or is it true that since I am receiving a "disability retirement annuity" I cannot invest tax-exempt in retirement?
Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.