Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
Help please

I make $64 000/yr, hubby makes $104 000, we are contributing to our 401K's, and are wondering if we can contribute $2000 each per year to IRA's as well, I know we don't qualify for any deductions etc.

We've recently moved to the US (Canadian citizens) and are still working on the tax system (rather confusing).
We file separatly on income tax, the government just takes more if we file jointly.

Also can we contribute to Ira's for years gone by (1997 and 1998 for example) Thanks
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.