UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (80) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: cjb44 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1956904  
Subject: Re: Woman denied life-saving abortion dies Date: 11/15/2012 10:22 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Ireland - where abortion is illegal as long as the baby's heart is beating - a woman went to the hospital mid-miscarriage at 17 weeks and was denied care until the baby died. She died.

Is there a point within the pregnancy where you would draw line? Because that's where the real debate in America is. You're article admits that the baby had a beating heart and saving the mother meant stopping that beating heart.

So my question to you is, at what point do you say it's wrong? Would you permit an abortion at week 39 to save a mother? Contrary to the political wranglings, I think this is where most Americans fall...they are OK with abortion, but aren't when the baby is "viable"

BTW, it's hypocritical that you talk about decisions between "ME AND MY DOCTOR", when ObamaKare brings government bueracrats into the decision making process via "Independent Payment Advisory Board". So decisions are no longer between you and your doctor.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (80) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Nu Skin Showing its Age?
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement