Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: vkg Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 121327  
Subject: IRS intercept state refund? Date: 10/15/2005 12:51 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Is the IRS able to intercept a state tax refund? The taxpayer has a payment plan setup with the IRS and has a refund due from California.

Debra
Print the post Back To Top
Author: TMFPMarti Big funky green star, 20000 posts Home Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 81086 of 121327
Subject: Re: IRS intercept state refund? Date: 10/15/2005 7:27 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Is the IRS able to intercept a state tax refund? The taxpayer has a payment plan setup with the IRS and has a refund due from California.

Yes, they can. The payment agreement should address whether they will.

Phil

Author: vkg Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 81105 of 121327
Subject: Re: IRS intercept state refund? Date: 10/15/2005 6:53 PM
Recommendations: 0
Phil,

Thank you, I will have her check the agreement. It is not necessarily bad. The state refund is about 15% of the debt to the feds.

Debra

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement