Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I used Turbo Tax to calculate & file my 1999 taxes. I paid the amount that the program said I owed; however, the IRS sent me a letter saying that they had changed my estimated tax total. The explanation is as follows:
"You claimed an incorrect amount as estimated tax payments and credits. Our records don't show any estimated tax credits for for SS#(my SS#)." Can someone guide me as to what they are referring to? The number listed for IRS help provides automated phone maize only, due to the high volume of calls.


Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.