UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: sheople2 One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 75833  
Subject: Is Directions Credit Union safe? Date: 1/29/2009 9:27 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I just had a CD mature at Corus Bank. I could renew for one year at 3% or I could switch to Directions Credit Union where they're offering a 14 month CD for 3.75%. This credit union is not "FDIC" insured, although it does say "NCUA", National Credit Union Administration, a U.S. Government Agency. Your savings are federally insured to at least $250,000
and backed by the full faith and credit of the United States Government.

1) Am I good to go with a credit union? Never used one before.

2) Is it likely that they will drop the rate within the next two weeks before I've had a chance to fund the new CD that I open?

Please keep answers simple.
Thanks.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Donna405 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 65240 of 75833
Subject: Re: Is Directions Credit Union safe? Date: 1/29/2009 10:35 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
NCUA operates the same way the FDIC operates. I have two accounts with a NCUA insured credit union and 2 with a FDIC insured bank. If I were in your shoes, I would go with the Credit Union.

As to you requesting about the rate dropping before you can fund the CD, who knows?

Donna

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement