Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
Hi. My daughter has a little job on campus cleaning stables. She uses the pay towards her tuition. It is a federal work study job, and is part of her financial aid package from the college. She says she doesn't have to claim it as income on her 1040EZ because it is part of her financial aid and she uses it all for tuition. I am afraid that since they send a w2, which they surely send to the IRS too, if she doesn't claim the income she will send up a red flag for underreporting. Is there some way to not report federal work study pay without sending up a red flag over the w2?
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.