UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (13) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: NewLiberal Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1950842  
Subject: Is Gold About to Break Out? Date: 2/6/2013 10:20 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Monetary inflation is now running rampant throughout the world, but the rate of physical gold mining is nowhere near the rate of fiat-money creation.

The logic isn't difficult ....
Print the post Back To Top
Author: JediGALT Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1858271 of 1950842
Subject: Re: Is Gold About to Break Out? Date: 2/6/2013 10:35 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
HOPE SO.

It all depends what Liberals that control corrupt Wall Street want to do next.

JediG

Author: NewLiberal Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1858282 of 1950842
Subject: Re: Is Gold About to Break Out? Date: 2/6/2013 11:11 PM
Recommendations: 2
I don't think "Liberals" or "Conservatives" can control the free market, but I do think they can temporarily impede or distort it -- but certainly not improve it.

Author: JediGALT Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1858288 of 1950842
Subject: Re: Is Gold About to Break Out? Date: 2/6/2013 11:51 PM
I don't believe this is a free market. I believe corrupt Liberals manipulate it.

That being said, yes, I hope they manipulate it, or screw it so bad that gold goes up.

I don't invest in American stocks long term, EVER anymore. But gold I've been in for awhile. Cost basis around $1290, hoping to hold till 1900 or so.

JediG

Author: NewLiberal Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1858294 of 1950842
Subject: Re: Is Gold About to Break Out? Date: 2/7/2013 12:10 AM
I hope they manipulate it, or screw it so bad that gold goes up.

Your wish will come true!

Author: JediGALT Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1858295 of 1950842
Subject: Re: Is Gold About to Break Out? Date: 2/7/2013 12:14 AM
I hope so.

I think it's just like the stock market: People (including me) investing in something they have no clue about.

If gold is going to be so valuable, why on earth are so many companies advertising all over TV to SELL Gold? If it's going to be so valuable, why wouldn't they be hoarding it instead of advertising to sell it?

The only reason I got into gold is it was a bet that America's government is stupid and dysfunctional, just like their supporters be it putzes in the Bay Area or Liberal blogger types. I figured that there will be tons of bad news, tons of fear, and due to dysfunction, an inability to deal with debt...and the fear will push gold up.

If it hits 1900 I'm out in a blink of an eye.

Tempted to sell now but hoping for Obama and the idiots in Congress to take the cliff to the brink a few times.

JediG

Author: NewLiberal Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1858297 of 1950842
Subject: Re: Is Gold About to Break Out? Date: 2/7/2013 12:26 AM
If gold is going to be so valuable, why on earth are so many companies advertising all over TV to SELL Gold? If it's going to be so valuable, why wouldn't they be hoarding it instead of advertising to sell it?

TV? Who the hell cares about TV but mass manipulators?

How about TA? (technical analysis)

Author: PeterRabit Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1858305 of 1950842
Subject: Re: Is Gold About to Break Out? Date: 2/7/2013 1:05 AM
Jedi Cost basis around $1290

A johnny-come-lately.

I started buying Goldcorp at $12 per share in 2003. Sold out at $50. Currently waiting to get back in.

Peter

Author: JediGALT Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1858308 of 1950842
Subject: Re: Is Gold About to Break Out? Date: 2/7/2013 1:08 AM
I just hate investing in things I don't understand, and/or have no control over.

For me that encompasses things like Gold, and especially the stock market.

To this day I don't understand Gold. If the economy totally collapses tomorrow, can I go to the grocery store and get a month's grocery with a gold coin? Will they accept that? Will my doctor accept a gold coin in return for giving me a physical?

So I don't pretend to understand it. I treat investing in stocks or gold no different than gambling. Bought and sold a plethora of stocks last month, the longest I held one was 20 days. Sold them out at anywhere from +2% to +6% and how hoping for a nasty correction so I can buy in again.

JediG

Author: wzambon Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1858332 of 1950842
Subject: Re: Is Gold About to Break Out? Date: 2/7/2013 9:37 AM

Sort of exposes the lie about gold being in a "bubble", doesn't it?

If it were in a bubble, the lines wouldn't be forming at the shops to sell gold.

They'd be forming at the shops to BUY gold.

Author: JediGALT Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1858404 of 1950842
Subject: Re: Is Gold About to Break Out? Date: 2/7/2013 3:33 PM
So Bill Z, what's your opinion? Gold headed up or down ?

Author: PeterRabit Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1858410 of 1950842
Subject: Re: Is Gold About to Break Out? Date: 2/7/2013 4:25 PM
Jedi If the economy totally collapses tomorrow, can I go to the grocery store and get a month's grocery with a gold coin? Will they accept that? Will my doctor accept a gold coin in return for giving me a physical?

Probably. Which is more than you can say for any kind of paper or plastic.

Other items reputed to have value after the crash:

antibiotics
spices
needles

More ideas:

http://blogs.survivalistssite.com/blog/mrb.php?itemid=92

http://alt-market.com/articles/146-top-post-collapse-barter-...

http://www.wealthdaily.com/resources/surviving-the-coming-ec...

Peter

Author: JediGALT Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1858416 of 1950842
Subject: Re: Is Gold About to Break Out? Date: 2/7/2013 5:40 PM
Thanks.

I've got most of that stuff in good supply in 2 locations.

The gold thing I just don't understand.

Hopefully things don't get that bad.

JediG

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (13) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement