UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: Apepper Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 76397  
Subject: Is it too late to begin saving Date: 12/29/2000 4:10 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Hello-

My father is 66 and my mother is 57. They both still work and have saved nothing for retirement. They have no pension or stocks. Is it too late to begin saving and if it's not, where would we go to get information on how to begin saving at this stage in the game.

Any advice is appreciated.

thanks.

Print the post Back To Top
Author: tweston81 Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 26864 of 76397
Subject: Re: Is it too late to begin saving Date: 12/29/2000 4:16 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 4
Hello-

My father is 66 and my mother is 57. They both still work and have saved nothing for retirement. They have no pension or stocks. Is it too late to begin saving and if it's not, where would we go to get information on how to begin saving at this stage in the game.

Any advice is appreciated.

thanks.

Hi Apepper,

It is never too late to start saving. And I would start right here with the Fools 13 steps. I might also assume that it may be tough for them to change their financial lifestyle at this age, so you might want to check out the Living Below Your Means message board.

Good luck to them and everyone else.

Happy New Year,

TW

Author: Ringfinger Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 26867 of 76397
Subject: Re: Is it too late to begin saving Date: 12/30/2000 2:59 PM
Recommendations: 0
It's never too late. Look at the Fool, you will find a lot of good resources here.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement