UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (87) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: 99lashes Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1961950  
Subject: Is RICE an AUNT TOM? Date: 11/18/2012 3:52 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
When Colin Powell testified with "doctored statements" he was accused of being an Uncle Tom, he later quit and "retired".

Now that Rice has given many, many sweeping lies on the Benghazi fiasco, is she an AUNT TOM? If not, why not?

Should Rice now quit and retire or get promoted as reward for he lies?

Print the post Back To Top
Author: wzambon Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1838135 of 1961950
Subject: Re: Is RICE an AUNT TOM? Date: 11/18/2012 4:06 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 22
Now that Rice has given many, many sweeping lies on the Benghazi fiasco, is she an AUNT TOM? If not, why not?

Should Rice now quit and retire or get promoted as reward for he lies?

I certainly realize that the right has filled the echo chamber again and again with the chant: "Benghazi lies! Obama lies! Rice lies!"

And you've repeated it among yourselves until you believe it to be the gospel, unvarnished truth....

And you accuse anyone who is not willing to chant with you.. of being "water boys for Obama".

But you still have not made the case that Obama, or anyone for that matter, actually lied.

Author: NemesisToLibs Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1838136 of 1961950
Subject: Re: Is RICE an AUNT TOM? Date: 11/18/2012 4:07 PM
Recommendations: 0
"But you still have not made the case that Obama, or anyone for that matter, actually lied. "

That's because of your selective reading of the facts. By all means, keep your head in the sand.

Author: wzambon Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1838141 of 1961950
Subject: Re: Is RICE an AUNT TOM? Date: 11/18/2012 4:14 PM
Recommendations: 2
That's because of your selective reading of the facts. By all means, keep your head in the sand.

That's funny, because I would swear it was your selective reading of the facts that leads you to claim that Obama lied.

Seemingly disgarded by you, are the facts that:

-there were two very separate locations with multiple attacks,
-several sources of information streaming in....
-and over all... the fog of uncertainty that invariably accompanies such events.

Of course, it's easy to pick through the miasma of uncertainty and pick out a few bright shiny tidbits that support your claim...

but those of us who are adults are not so swayed.

Author: NemesisToLibs Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1838142 of 1961950
Subject: Re: Is RICE an AUNT TOM? Date: 11/18/2012 4:17 PM
"-there were two very separate locations with multiple attacks,
-several sources of information streaming in....
-and over all... the fog of uncertainty that invariably accompanies such events.
"

Please document this fog of uncertainty that you describe.

Any one observing the attack made available from the drone saw that there wasn't ANY uncertainty that this was a terrorist attack. And yet Obama for over a week lied that it was caused by a video.

Author: NemesisToLibs Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1838143 of 1961950
Subject: Re: Is RICE an AUNT TOM? Date: 11/18/2012 4:19 PM
Bill, please tell me what Obama did as CIC to protect lives in Benghazi???

Author: NemesisToLibs Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1838144 of 1961950
Subject: Re: Is RICE an AUNT TOM? Date: 11/18/2012 4:20 PM
Bill, Please tell us why multiple requests for more security went unheeded and especially on 9/11??

Author: NemesisToLibs Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1838145 of 1961950
Subject: Re: Is RICE an AUNT TOM? Date: 11/18/2012 4:22 PM
Bill, please tell us, why after the CIA labeled this a terrorist attack within three days of the attack, Obama had Rice go on 5 national talk shows claiming it was a protest provoked by a video??

Author: wzambon Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1838146 of 1961950
Subject: Re: Is RICE an AUNT TOM? Date: 11/18/2012 4:24 PM
Bill, please tell me what Obama did as CIC to protect lives in Benghazi???

First, you must tell us why, given the fact that all sorts of different information was pouring in... some of it claiming that the proximate cause was a video, others of it claiming that the proximate cause was an al Qaeda attack, prompted by a video, and others of it claiming that the proximate cause was simply an al Qaeda attack..... that you still maintain that Obama lied.

That's the question at hand.

And then, if you want to answer that one.... why do you think it's an impeachable offense?

Author: wzambon Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1838147 of 1961950
Subject: Re: Is RICE an AUNT TOM? Date: 11/18/2012 4:25 PM
You keep claiming that Obama lied.

I'm saying that you haven't proven your point.

So prove it.

Author: NemesisToLibs Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1838148 of 1961950
Subject: Re: Is RICE an AUNT TOM? Date: 11/18/2012 4:28 PM
"First, you must tell us why, given the fact that all sorts of different information was pouring in... "

The state department officials made it very clear in their testimony under oath to congress that they knew that night it was NOT a protest caused by a video gone bad.

So, I am not clear on what information you claim was pouring in. The video from the drone that Obama and intelligence had in real time says it all.

Author: NemesisToLibs Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1838151 of 1961950
Subject: Re: Is RICE an AUNT TOM? Date: 11/18/2012 4:31 PM
"You keep claiming that Obama lied.

I'm saying that you haven't proven your point.

So prove it. "

General Petraeus said in his hearing to the Senate that he was clear it was a terrorist attack within 3 days of the attack. This is the director of the CIA at the time. Obama was still claiming it wasn't anything more than a protest over a video.

Obama lied!

Author: NemesisToLibs Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1838153 of 1961950
Subject: Re: Is RICE an AUNT TOM? Date: 11/18/2012 4:33 PM
And I see you are either unwilling or incapable of answering any of my questions. Go figure.

Author: wzambon Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1838156 of 1961950
Subject: Re: Is RICE an AUNT TOM? Date: 11/18/2012 4:36 PM
You still have not proven that Obama lied.

All I see are the talking points of right wing central.

You claim Petraeus said such and such, and yet, Petraeus himself later said he said nothing of the kind.

So.... get us that Congressional Record that you keep talking about. Prove to us that Obama lied.

So far, you have squat.

Author: NemesisToLibs Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1838159 of 1961950
Subject: Re: Is RICE an AUNT TOM? Date: 11/18/2012 4:41 PM
NBC of all citations.

http://nbcpolitics.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/11/16/15216937-pet...

"Updated 3:00 pm ET -- Former CIA Director David Petraeus testified Friday before congressional intelligence panels telling members that he had believed from the outset that the Sept. 11 attack on the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi was an act of terrorists."

Author: lowstudent Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1838160 of 1961950
Subject: Re: Is RICE an AUNT TOM? Date: 11/18/2012 4:41 PM
So, I am not clear on what information you claim was pouring in. The video from the drone that Obama and intelligence had in real time says it all.

DO me a favor, if it gets posted, please include the link in your response

I have found certain posters are just not worth reading, and on the occurrence when I stumble over one of their posts, I see nothing has changed.

But anyway, if there is anything supporting this NY Times talking point, please put the link as I do read many of your posts, so I will probably catch it

Thanks

Author: NemesisToLibs Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1838162 of 1961950
Subject: Re: Is RICE an AUNT TOM? Date: 11/18/2012 4:45 PM
Which link are you referring to?

Author: wzambon Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1838163 of 1961950
Subject: Re: Is RICE an AUNT TOM? Date: 11/18/2012 4:50 PM
Recommendations: 34
NTL quotes NBC:

"Updated 3:00 pm ET -- Former CIA Director David Petraeus testified Friday before congressional intelligence panels telling members that he had believed from the outset that the Sept. 11 attack on the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi was an act of terrorists."

Yes, BUT...
The New York Times has "the rest of the story":

WASHINGTON — David H. Petraeus, the former director of the Central Intelligence Agency, told lawmakers on Friday that classified intelligence reports revealed that the deadly assault on the American diplomatic mission in Libya was a terrorist attack, but that the administration refrained from saying it suspected that the perpetrators of the attack were Al Qaeda affiliates and sympathizers to avoid tipping off the groups.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/17/world/africa/benghazi-not-...

Author: NemesisToLibs Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1838164 of 1961950
Subject: Re: Is RICE an AUNT TOM? Date: 11/18/2012 4:51 PM
LOL This does not in any way support you argument!

Author: wzambon Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1838167 of 1961950
Subject: Re: Is RICE an AUNT TOM? Date: 11/18/2012 4:52 PM
Recommendations: 3
LOL This does not in any way support you argument!

I beg your pardon, but it destroys yours.

Author: NemesisToLibs Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1838169 of 1961950
Subject: Re: Is RICE an AUNT TOM? Date: 11/18/2012 4:56 PM
"I beg your pardon, but it destroys yours. "

This is the highlighted portion of your quote that I suppose you think destroys my position.

"but that the administration refrained from saying it suspected that the perpetrators of the attack were Al Qaeda affiliates and sympathizers to avoid tipping off the groups.
"

It's a moot point. The point is the CIA director had labeled it as a terrorist attack, while Obama was off along with several of his cabinet members citing it was a protest caused by a video.

a blatant LIE.

Author: 99lashes Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1838172 of 1961950
Subject: Re: Is RICE an AUNT TOM? Date: 11/18/2012 4:58 PM
But you still have not made the case that Obama, or anyone for that matter, actually lied.

Based on the live video feed and the CIA knowledge within 24 hours did the story told contain the "truth"?

NO!

Author: 99lashes Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1838175 of 1961950
Subject: Re: Is RICE an AUNT TOM? Date: 11/18/2012 5:01 PM
WASHINGTON — David H. Petraeus, the former director of the Central Intelligence Agency, told lawmakers on Friday that classified intelligence reports revealed that the deadly assault on the American diplomatic mission in Libya was a terrorist attack, but that the administration refrained from saying it suspected that the perpetrators of the attack were Al Qaeda affiliates and sympathizers to avoid tipping off the groups.

So they knew the facts, they just fudged them, added a bit and ? How does saying that this was a terrorist attack with probable AQ ties give anything away that isn't already presumed by the rest of the world already?

How did keeping these facts secret secure the offenders?

Bill, you bladder isn't big enough to carry your own water, let alone Obamas'. You leak all over this forum.

Author: wzambon Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1838178 of 1961950
Subject: Re: Is RICE an AUNT TOM? Date: 11/18/2012 5:08 PM
NTH and 99, I am sorry that both of you are so far in the tank that the obvious fails to make an impression on either of you.

Here's what is obvious.....

the fact that the administration suspected quite early that it was an AQ attack was not something they wished to broadcast. That is exactly what Petraeus is saying.

Why didn't they wish to broadcast it?

Because they were most likely afraid of burning a source if they did.

Author: NemesisToLibs Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1838180 of 1961950
Subject: Re: Is RICE an AUNT TOM? Date: 11/18/2012 5:10 PM
Bill, are you that dense???

Obama had absolutely no reason to lie about it. He could have said the investigation is too early yet to cite a cause.

Can I make it any simpler for you??

Author: NemesisToLibs Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1838181 of 1961950
Subject: Re: Is RICE an AUNT TOM? Date: 11/18/2012 5:13 PM
BTW Bill, how is your back these days. you are carrying such large amounts of water for Obama, I got concerned for you.

Author: 99lashes Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1838186 of 1961950
Subject: Re: Is RICE an AUNT TOM? Date: 11/18/2012 5:21 PM

the fact that the administration suspected quite early that it was an AQ attack was not something they wished to broadcast. That is exactly what Petraeus is saying.

Why didn't they wish to broadcast it?

Because they were most likely afraid of burning a source if they did.

One would have to be a moron not to suspect just that given the local and the last 15 +years of violence.

Tell me, just what was to be compromised and how? Why not say you don't know instead of parading around a story that has generous pre-election perks in it? Now that the story is out, what has been lost or compromised.

Failure to give specifics to these questions puts you firmly in Obama's bowl of urine.

Are you yellow yet?

Author: wzambon Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1838190 of 1961950
Subject: Re: Is RICE an AUNT TOM? Date: 11/18/2012 5:26 PM
Tell me, just what was to be compromised and how?

I don't work for the CIA, now, do I?

And yet this is exactly the reason that so many reports made public are censored- to protect sources.

That you or NTH are as incapable as I am of discerning the identity of those sources does not make it any less plausible that this is the reason.

It's what Petraeus said.

Author: lowstudent Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1838191 of 1961950
Subject: Re: Is RICE an AUNT TOM? Date: 11/18/2012 5:34 PM
Which link are you referring to?

The link Bill referred to, the one where there were conflicting sources that the White House had from intelligence reports that the attacks were as they had Rice go out and lie, errggh I mean tell of the alternate intelligence reports about.

Author: NemesisToLibs Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1838204 of 1961950
Subject: Re: Is RICE an AUNT TOM? Date: 11/18/2012 5:56 PM
"That you or NTH are as incapable as I am of discerning the identity of those sources does not make it any less plausible that this is the reason."

This is too funny, because what Bill is suggesting is that is perfectly OK to lie to the American people for National security reasons. Instead of simply saying for National security reason we can not say right now.

Overload, Bill you need to let of some of Obama's water you are carrying for Obama otherwise you will be a permanent obamamite.

Author: 99lashes Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1838216 of 1961950
Subject: Re: Is RICE an AUNT TOM? Date: 11/18/2012 6:13 PM

Then how do you know they had to lie, make stuff up, to protect just what?

Could they have said what is known today and not revealed any sources/secrets...I suspect very yes indeed. Now they didn't so what does that tell you? They had something to gain otherwise. It is one thing to censor a report, that is leave out sensitive data, but general conclusions or suspicions held by most of the rest of the logical world? I think not. Instead stuff was made up, that is not censorship, that is telling lies.

To the best of my knowledge the truth could be told and still keep those sources "secret".

You believe what you have to believe, after all it is your Messiah who sent AUNT TOM to lie to the networks and Obama who repeated the lie for 2 weeks.

Author: wzambon Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1838223 of 1961950
Subject: Re: Is RICE an AUNT TOM? Date: 11/18/2012 6:24 PM

Then how do you know they had to lie, make stuff up, to protect just what?

To quote again from the NYT article:

Sometimes I do believe that several of you folks have absolute blinders on. You keep asking the same questions, even when answers are provided. So here it is... again.

And to NTH's ridiculous assertion that they could have refrained from answering by saying it was "for National Security Reasons".. that would have been a worthless excuse that would have disguised nothing at all.

It's an unfortunate reality of statecraft that lies are often the stock in trade.... deception, disguise, misdirection. And that seems to be the case here.

You may say that it is unfortunate that presidents sometimes feel the necessity of lying for national security reasons, and I would agree.

I wish we didn't live in such a world.

But we do.

And I find it more than ironic that I am reminding a bunch of folks who call themselves conservatives.... of this this fact.

Author: NemesisToLibs Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1838226 of 1961950
Subject: Re: Is RICE an AUNT TOM? Date: 11/18/2012 6:28 PM
"And to NTH's ridiculous assertion that they could have refrained from answering by saying it was "for National Security Reasons".. that would have been a worthless excuse that would have disguised nothing at all.
"

ROTFLOL I will keep this post for posterity reasons. Bill, is clearly saying that it is OK for the POTUS to lie to the American people. Got it!

Author: wzambon Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1838234 of 1961950
Subject: Re: Is RICE an AUNT TOM? Date: 11/18/2012 6:39 PM
ROTFLOL I will keep this post for posterity reasons. Bill, is clearly saying that it is OK for the POTUS to lie to the American people. Got it!

When it comes to national security issues, every single president of the United States has lied to the American people on occasion.

Grow up, NTH.

You are demanding a standard of behavior than no president has ever been held to.

Why Obama? Why now?

Why do you think it's ok to burn sources of American intelligence because "America has a right to know"?

Author: NemesisToLibs Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1838238 of 1961950
Subject: Re: Is RICE an AUNT TOM? Date: 11/18/2012 6:44 PM
"
When it comes to national security issues, every single president of the United States has lied to the American people on occasion.
"

Please point out a time when Bush lied for National Security reasons while at war in Afghanistan and Iraq as blatantly and as aggressively as the Obama administration did?

Good luck with it.

Author: 99lashes Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1838242 of 1961950
Subject: Re: Is RICE an AUNT TOM? Date: 11/18/2012 6:47 PM
Why do you think it's ok to burn sources of American intelligence because "America has a right to know"?

Just how is a source burned as you say, when all you say is a terrorist attack and probable links to AQ? That is said or thought at least once a week some where in the world for the last decade.

Laughable, you are.

I guess if Sheepal are fleeced they are stunned for awhile afterwards, so maybe you have an excuse after all.

Bundle up!

Author: wzambon Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1838245 of 1961950
Subject: Re: Is RICE an AUNT TOM? Date: 11/18/2012 6:49 PM
Please point out a time when Bush lied for National Security reasons while at war in Afghanistan and Iraq as blatantly and as aggressively as the Obama administration did?

Oh.. .Bush simply lied with a straight face about the reason for going to war in the first place.

He had no excuse.

Author: 99lashes Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1838247 of 1961950
Subject: Re: Is RICE an AUNT TOM? Date: 11/18/2012 6:51 PM
Hey Bill, did the story about spontaneous combustion, or I mean terrorism allow us to catch the perps? Why not?

Your AUNT TOM should just resign and the ones who sent her to slaughter should be impeached.

DeJa Vu?

Author: wzambon Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1838248 of 1961950
Subject: Re: Is RICE an AUNT TOM? Date: 11/18/2012 6:52 PM
Just how is a source burned as you say, when all you say is a terrorist attack and probable links to AQ?

Well, Mr. Armchair General.. why don't you ask Petraeus? He's the one making the claim.

Do you think that he's lying because your partisan pea-brain cannot conceive of a situation where spilling the beans might burn a source?

Pulleeeze.... I don't believe you are that naive.

Author: NemesisToLibs Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1838249 of 1961950
Subject: Re: Is RICE an AUNT TOM? Date: 11/18/2012 6:52 PM
"Oh.. .Bush simply lied with a straight face about the reason for going to war in the first place.
"

You realize that you couldn't answer my question, which means after 7 years of war, Bush didn't lie for national security reasons.

Oh, to your point about him lying is a lie as well. He firmly believed they had WMD for very good reasons. For that reason, he did NOT lie.

Author: 99lashes Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1838260 of 1961950
Subject: Re: Is RICE an AUNT TOM? Date: 11/18/2012 7:41 PM
Well, Mr. Armchair General.. why don't you ask Petraeus? He's the one making the claim.

Do you think that he's lying because your partisan pea-brain cannot conceive of a situation where spilling the beans might burn a source?

Pulleeeze.... I don't believe you are that naive.

Actually that is not the case. He is claimed to have been given a report, downplaying or sanitizing the AQ angle in the original report and he signed off on it, not that he approved of it as the truth. Further, he takes no credit for saying anything about a sponaneous uprising secondary to the American Video did he? Where so you suppose that came from/ It was given to AUNT TOM don't ya know! I mean didn't the CIA get it wrong with Iraq...or is that a different kettle of confetti?

See a difference? Find out where that edit came from and you might see some light. But to be safe, get your own batteries.

Author: wzambon Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1838262 of 1961950
Subject: Re: Is RICE an AUNT TOM? Date: 11/18/2012 7:57 PM
Recommendations: 4
Actually that is not the case.

Actually, it IS the case:

And now, (drum roll)... for the THIRD time:

Did you get that, 99? Do I need to point you to the last six words... to-avoid-tipping-off-the-groups???

Author: anniesdad Big gold star, 5000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1838272 of 1961950
Subject: Re: Is RICE an AUNT TOM? Date: 11/18/2012 8:37 PM
Further, he takes no credit for saying anything about a sponaneous uprising secondary to the American Video did he? Where so you suppose that came from/ It was given to AUNT TOM don't ya know! I mean didn't the CIA get it wrong with Iraq...or is that a different kettle of confetti?

Do you just make up things as you go along.

CAIRO — After a month of conflicting statements and partisan criticism, the circumstances surrounding the attack that killed Ambassador J. Christopher Stevens in Benghazi, Libya, on Sept. 11 have become clouded in ambiguities and questions: Did the attack grow out of anger against an American-made video mocking the Prophet Muhammad, or was it waged by an affiliate of Al Qaeda out to mark the 11th anniversary of its attack on United States soil?

To Libyans who witnessed the assault and know the attackers, there is little doubt what occurred: a well-known group of local Islamist militants struck the United States Mission without any warning or protest, and they did it in retaliation for the video. That is what the fighters said at the time, speaking emotionally of their anger at the video without mentioning Al Qaeda, Osama bin Laden or the terrorist strikes of 11 years earlier. And it is an explanation that tracks with their history as members of a local militant group determined to protect Libya from Western influence.

“It was the Ansar al-Shariah people,” said Mohamed Bishari, 20, a neighbor of the compound who watched the assault and described the brigade he saw leading the attack. “There was no protest or anything of that sort.”

United States intelligence agencies have reserved final judgment pending a full investigation, leaving open the possibility that anger at the video might have provided an opportunity for militants who already harbored anti-American feelings. But so far the intelligence assessments appear to square largely with local accounts. Whether the attackers are labeled “Al Qaeda cells” or “aligned with Al Qaeda,” as Republicans have suggested, depends on whether that label can be used as a generic term for a broad spectrum of Islamist militants, encompassing groups like Ansar al-Shariah whose goals were primarily local, as well as those who aspire to join a broader jihad against the West.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/16/world/africa/election-year...

Author: 99lashes Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1838282 of 1961950
Subject: Re: Is RICE an AUNT TOM? Date: 11/18/2012 9:05 PM

Did you get that, 99? Do I need to point you to the last six words... to-avoid-tipping-off-the-groups???

Tipping them off from what?

Are you that stupid, think they are that stupid or what?

Again, for the umpteenth time, what benefit did we gain by telling lies, other than have AQ bust a gut on laughter? Did anyone get caught?

How does the information now known, tip anyone off anywhere?

Just like an investigator follows the money, just follow who benefits from these lies, you will get your truth.

Author: NemesisToLibs Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1838285 of 1961950
Subject: Re: Is RICE an AUNT TOM? Date: 11/18/2012 9:21 PM
Bill, won't answer your questions. It would mean he would have to actually acknowledge the flaw in his argument.

Author: wzambon Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1838303 of 1961950
Subject: Re: Is RICE an AUNT TOM? Date: 11/18/2012 9:45 PM
Tipping them off from what?

Tipping them off to the sources of the info. That may well have been an outcome had Obama appeared on television and said that we knew it was a terrorist attack by al Qaeda affiliates... or even if he had waffled and said we knew more than we were prepared to share....

That would precipitate the question.... How did the U.S. know that?

And that in turn would have led to al Qaeda turning over rocks until it found the source of the info.... or it might have even led directly to the source.

Author: 99lashes Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1838310 of 1961950
Subject: Re: Is RICE an AUNT TOM? Date: 11/18/2012 9:53 PM
That would precipitate the question.... How did the U.S. know that?

And that in turn would have led to al Qaeda turning over rocks until it found the source of the info.... or it might have even led directly to the source.

Has anyone asked before who the source was when AQ was blamed for a whole host of killings? Well, no right. You are full of it.

Maybe you and yours should read this. http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2012/11/18/after-hearin...

Even DI FI isn't buying it, why do you?

Sen. Dianne Feinstein, chairwoman of the Senate Select Intelligence Committee, said on NBC, “I don't know who we were protecting” by removing references to terrorism from the talking points.

Also...Rep. Mike Rogers, chairman of the House Intelligence Committee, echoed Blunt’s sentiment.

“I know the narrative was wrong and the intelligence was right,” he said, also on NBC. “The narrative as it went, from at least the CIA and other intelligence agencies, was accurate, as we know today, was an act of terrorism.”

Rogers, a Republican, said it appears references to terrorism were removed from the talking points, but not by the intelligence community. “When asked, there was no one in the professional intelligence community (who) could tell us who changed what,” he said.

The didn't come from the intellegence community. Got it now?

Liars lie, pond scum defend them.

Author: wzambon Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1838311 of 1961950
Subject: Re: Is RICE an AUNT TOM? Date: 11/18/2012 9:56 PM
Liars lie, pond scum defend them.

Same to you, 99. Wish you were here. I'd tell you to your face.

Author: NemesisToLibs Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1838315 of 1961950
Subject: Re: Is RICE an AUNT TOM? Date: 11/18/2012 9:59 PM
"Same to you, 99. Wish you were here. I'd tell you to your face. "

Can't admit when you are wrong...hmmm

Author: wzambon Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1838324 of 1961950
Subject: Re: Is RICE an AUNT TOM? Date: 11/18/2012 10:02 PM
Can't admit when you are wrong...hmmm

Where was I wrong? So far, neither you nor 99 has done anything except throw word salads at the computer screen.

No logic. No rational argument... No actual reading of Petraeus' words.

No drawing the plain and simple conclusions from his words

Just talking points... and I'm not even sure you have those.

Author: salaryguru Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1838326 of 1961950
Subject: Re: Is RICE an AUNT TOM? Date: 11/18/2012 10:03 PM

. . . Or provided any indication of any significant impact of the alleged lies.

When Bush lied, thousands of American soldiers and thousands of Iraquis died.

Author: NemesisToLibs Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1838327 of 1961950
Subject: Re: Is RICE an AUNT TOM? Date: 11/18/2012 10:04 PM
". . . Or provided any indication of any significant impact of the alleged lies.

When Bush lied, thousands of American soldiers and thousands of Iraquis died. "

You have come to the party late...Bill already
agreed Obama lied.

Author: 99lashes Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1838335 of 1961950
Subject: Re: Is RICE an AUNT TOM? Date: 11/18/2012 10:12 PM
When Bush lied, thousands of American soldiers and thousands of Iraquis died.

So how may votes were obtained via fraudulent means now?

I thought we were promised change, so where is it?

Shovel ready jobs?
Cutting the deficit in half?
Closing GITMO
Trying those in detention at GITMO
Repealing the Patriot Act, instead enhancing it.
Transparency, but lies about Benghazi are ok?
Repealing the Bush tax cuts, but extending them, now only proposing to omit a small percentage (top 2%). Leaving the largest part of the Bush Tax cuts in order to keep those votes.

Hope and Change are dead.

Author: salaryguru Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1838338 of 1961950
Subject: Re: Is RICE an AUNT TOM? Date: 11/18/2012 10:21 PM
You have come to the party late...Bill already
agreed Obama lied.

Now that is a lie. . . making you a liar.

Author: NemesisToLibs Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1838339 of 1961950
Subject: Re: Is RICE an AUNT TOM? Date: 11/18/2012 10:22 PM
"Now that is a lie. . . making you a liar. "

Nope not at all. read the entire thread.

Author: salaryguru Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1838340 of 1961950
Subject: Re: Is RICE an AUNT TOM? Date: 11/18/2012 10:25 PM
So how may votes were obtained via fraudulent means now?

Really? That's your claim? Romney and the Republicans would have won the election.

You guys really need to pull your heads out of the right wing echo chamber and walk around in the real world from time to time. This kind of argument is simply stupid. You just are no longer coupled to reality at all.

Author: salaryguru Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1838341 of 1961950
Subject: Re: Is RICE an AUNT TOM? Date: 11/18/2012 10:27 PM
Nope not at all. read the entire thread.

I just did. You can no more point to the admission in this thread than you can actually point to even the thinnest shred of proof that Obama lied. You believe it because you have your head stuck so far up the right wing echo chamber, you have lost the ability for form a single logical thought.

Author: NemesisToLibs Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1838342 of 1961950
Subject: Re: Is RICE an AUNT TOM? Date: 11/18/2012 10:30 PM
"I just did. "

Sure you did;-) Now ask Bill, if you don't believe me, because I could careless what you think.

Author: 99lashes Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1838345 of 1961950
Subject: Re: Is RICE an AUNT TOM? Date: 11/18/2012 10:34 PM
ally? That's your claim? Romney and the Republicans would have won the election.

There was a time where fudging international murder facts in order to help a re-election effort was wrong.

Apparently the committee to re-elect is alive and well.

So much for change. Exposing the fraud is all that is needed.

Author: 99lashes Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1838347 of 1961950
Subject: Re: Is RICE an AUNT TOM? Date: 11/18/2012 10:36 PM
...this thread than you can actually point to even the thinnest shred of proof that Obama lied.

The buck stops the same place the lie stops.

Obama said if you have a problem with Rice ( what she said and who gave the lies to her), then you have a problem with me.

Obama = liar.

Author: salaryguru Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1838349 of 1961950
Subject: Re: Is RICE an AUNT TOM? Date: 11/18/2012 10:38 PM
You have no facts to support your position.

You simply keep repeating the same unfounded accusations over and over again.

You have avoided addressing a single fact that others have pointed out that do not support your unfounded accusation.

Some people are just too stupid or too stubborn to argue with.

Author: NemesisToLibs Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1838350 of 1961950
Subject: Re: Is RICE an AUNT TOM? Date: 11/18/2012 10:39 PM
Because you say so...

Author: lowstudent Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1838355 of 1961950
Subject: Re: Is RICE an AUNT TOM? Date: 11/18/2012 10:53 PM

So the WHite House, decided that it would say that they had evidence it was about a bad movie?

I hate to break it to anybody, but the folks that were there --- they knew there was no evidence of it being about a bad movie. They knew the President was lying.

They are not nearly as stupid as some liberals seem to be. If there was a clearer way of saying hey we know it was terrorism -- telling a story with no connection to reality, was pretty clearly it.

Perhaps the President thought it would be best to convince the terrorists he was a complete idiot. If so he might have done that. But for at least the first few weeks they probably thought he was kidding and acted like sane terrorists and hid

He did it to fool the terrorists? Did someone really say they believe that? Wow, just wow.

The stuff you have to convince yourself is not insanely lame to believe in Obama is pretty darn impressive. To their credit, when they sell out, they sell out completely.

Author: LurkerMom Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1838357 of 1961950
Subject: Re: Is RICE an AUNT TOM? Date: 11/18/2012 11:02 PM

lol!...sure, let's not name the obvious terrorist group and instead the prez and his minion Rice ran around spreading the dumb made-up story about a video, repeating the MUS over and over again...

...to-avoid-tipping-off-the-groups???...Ansar al Sharirah TOOK CREDIT FOR THE ATTACK ON FACEBOOK!! within 2 hours for crying out loud!!!

I bet the terrorists are laughing their sorry behinds off at the prez...

http://www.commentarymagazine.com/2012/10/24/wh-knew-militan...

Author: nigelwhalmsley Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1838360 of 1961950
Subject: Re: Is RICE an AUNT TOM? Date: 11/18/2012 11:12 PM
"...Ansar al Sharirah TOOK CREDIT FOR THE ATTACK ON FACEBOOK!! within 2 hours for crying out loud!!!

I bet the terrorists are laughing their sorry behinds off at the prez..."

Oh boy.

Are you seriously suggesting that Facebook should be considered credible intel for our intelligence community??? You must be joking.

Even YOU have to be be smarter than that.

Author: crassfool Big funky green star, 20000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1838361 of 1961950
Subject: Re: Is RICE an AUNT TOM? Date: 11/18/2012 11:14 PM
lowstudent says

I have found certain posters are just not worth reading, and on the occurrence when I stumble over one of their posts, I see nothing has changed.

Nothing has changed, I still love you.

Author: xLife Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1838362 of 1961950
Subject: Re: Is RICE an AUNT TOM? Date: 11/18/2012 11:17 PM
Recommendations: 9

Interesting. So my hunch was correct. And amusingly, rightwingnuts now find themselves in the awkward position of arguing in favor of tipping off terrorist groups, i.e. aiding and abetting the enemy. Deliciously ironic.

Author: wzambon Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1838364 of 1961950
Subject: Re: Is RICE an AUNT TOM? Date: 11/18/2012 11:22 PM
lol!...sure, let's not name the obvious terrorist group and instead the prez and his minion Rice ran around spreading the dumb made-up story about a video, repeating the MUS over and over again...

...to-avoid-tipping-off-the-groups???...Ansar al Sharirah TOOK CREDIT FOR THE ATTACK ON FACEBOOK!! within 2 hours for crying out loud!!!

Ah!

I think I am beginning to understand the stupidity of the right on this issue! Finally!

You misunderstand what was being referred to.

It has nothing to do with naming the identity of the group.

It has everything to do with the fact that we had a source that was close to the terrorist group... that we did not wish to expose by letting them know that we knew.

Author: LurkerMom Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1838365 of 1961950
Subject: Re: Is RICE an AUNT TOM? Date: 11/18/2012 11:22 PM
Are you seriously suggesting that Facebook should be considered credible intel for our intelligence community??? You must be joking.

The article came from a credible source and a credible author and you did not read the article.

Author: crassfool Big funky green star, 20000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1838367 of 1961950
Subject: Re: Is RICE an AUNT TOM? Date: 11/18/2012 11:25 PM
This whole thread is a total pantload. Everyone in it should be ashamed. I'm ashamed.

Right-wingers: take a little advice and STFU. You've got nothing and all you're achieving is some sort of masturbation.

Left-wingers: Quit goading these idiots. It doesn't make them look any worse, and it doesn't make us look any better. I'm looking at you, Bill.

Enough already.

Author: LurkerMom Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1838368 of 1961950
Subject: Re: Is RICE an AUNT TOM? Date: 11/18/2012 11:29 PM
It has everything to do with the fact that we had a source that was close to the terrorist group... that we did not wish to expose by letting them know that we knew.

"we"? where do you get the we bit from and how do you know this MUS?
A source close to the terrorist group? Riiiiight....

Author: wzambon Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1838370 of 1961950
Subject: Re: Is RICE an AUNT TOM? Date: 11/18/2012 11:37 PM
"we"? where do you get the we bit from and how do you know this MUS?
A source close to the terrorist group? Riiiiight....

That's exactly what is implied by Petraeus' words.

Author: 99lashes Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1838415 of 1961950
Subject: Re: Is RICE an AUNT TOM? Date: 11/19/2012 9:33 AM

We would know and suspect the obvious as would some basket weaver in a distant village across the globe. Why not give out the standard AQ suspected line as has been SOP for decades now? You are making up your "source". If it was so good, we would have known in advance of the planning and could have been better prepared/armed to protect our Ambassasor and staff on 9/11. Oops, I see why that story line won't work,so make up your curveball with no identity and Obama can make it fly.

Yeah, some source.

Author: nigelwhalmsley Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1838422 of 1961950
Subject: Re: Is RICE an AUNT TOM? Date: 11/19/2012 9:53 AM
[ Are you seriously suggesting that Facebook should be considered credible intel for our intelligence community??? You must be joking. ]

"The article came from a credible source and a credible author and you did not read the article."

Is that a yes?

Author: lowstudent Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1838434 of 1961950
Subject: Re: Is RICE an AUNT TOM? Date: 11/19/2012 10:43 AM
We would know and suspect the obvious as would some basket weaver in a distant village across the globe. Why not give out the standard AQ suspected line as has been SOP for decades now? You are making up your "source". If it was so good, we would have known in advance of the planning and could have been better prepared/armed to protect our Ambassasor and staff on 9/11. Oops, I see why that story line won't work,so make up your curveball with no identity and Obama can make it fly.

Yeah, some source.

Hey they thought for sure they were in the clear -- that's why they sent us a note claiming they did it, they were worried we would suspect them

I am guessing at this point we decided we are not going to fight them, so we figured we might as well entertain them. They do not like partially naked women or music so the USO was out, so we just decided the have the WHite House do a comedy routine

Author: 99lashes Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1838482 of 1961950
Subject: Re: Is RICE an AUNT TOM? Date: 11/19/2012 12:56 PM

Isn't that water getting heavy to carry?

Tip off who?, how?...everyone already knows it is AQ related and certainly terror. This is but a cover story to keep the lie from being what it is a lie in order to protect the interests of the Committee to Re-Elect.

Been there, seen that.

Author: xLife Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1838483 of 1961950
Subject: Re: Is RICE an AUNT TOM? Date: 11/19/2012 12:58 PM

99: Isn't that water getting heavy to carry?

Dunno. Are self-administered proctology exams painful?

Author: 99lashes Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1838492 of 1961950
Subject: Re: Is RICE an AUNT TOM? Date: 11/19/2012 1:25 PM
Dunno. Are self-administered proctology exams painful?

I dunno, but your citation does not pass the sniff test.

Just what is tipped off if you refer to the terrorist attack as such, without naming names. Done all the time, every week somewhere.

You are seeking cover for your lies.

Carry that water!

Boy!, your going to carry that weight
Carry that weight.
a long time....!

Author: xLife Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1838537 of 1961950
Subject: Re: Is RICE an AUNT TOM? Date: 11/19/2012 2:26 PM
Recommendations: 3
I dunno, but your citation does not pass the sniff test.

It's not my citation. It's a paraphrase of Petraeus's testimony to a congressional committee.

You are seeking cover for your lies.

My lies? What have I said that's a lie? I think you're projecting.

Look, you folks have been insisting for a few weeks that Obama let terrorists kill the ambassador and his security detail and then lied about it. As the facts come out -- and they usually do -- your position has become increasingly preposterous, requiring an ever-widening conspiracy, now including General Petraeus, to sustain itself. I said from the very beginning that you'd all eventually look like idiots for trying to politicize this.

Author: NemesisToLibs Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1838636 of 1961950
Subject: Re: Is RICE an AUNT TOM? Date: 11/19/2012 6:09 PM
"Look, you folks have been insisting for a few weeks that Obama let terrorists kill the ambassador and his security detail and then lied about it. As the facts come out -- and they usually do -- your position has become increasingly preposterous, requiring an ever-widening conspiracy, now including General Petraeus, to sustain itself. I said from the very beginning that you'd all eventually look like idiots for trying to politicize this. "

Politicizing?? Really?? An Ambassador died for heaven sakes. Obama lied about it being caused by a video. Obama administration denied several requests for more security. Obama failed to account for 9/11. This by its lonesome self deserves a thorough investigation to get to the bottom of how this happened.

The facts that we now have confirm what I have said.

Author: lowstudent Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1838640 of 1961950
Subject: Re: Is RICE an AUNT TOM? Date: 11/19/2012 6:16 PM
"Look, you folks have been insisting for a few weeks that Obama let terrorists kill the ambassador and his security detail and then lied about it. As the facts come out -- and they usually do -- your position has become increasingly preposterous, requiring an ever-widening conspiracy, now including General Petraeus, to sustain itself. I said from the very beginning that you'd all eventually look like idiots for trying to politicize this. "

What a lying person this came from, whoever it was.

The lies and the bad decisions regarding the ambassadors death are two entirely different issues

There is zero doubt that Obama lied, and sent others out to lie

It sure does also look like Obama made bad decisions and eliminated whatever small chance there may have been to save the four that died after being tortured for hours.

It makes them feel good to lie I assume. Making it into one issue and creating a situation where they are right, because they are talking about something that never happened is pretty typical, and typical tiresomely liberal dogma

Author: 99lashes Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1838647 of 1961950
Subject: Re: Is RICE an AUNT TOM? Date: 11/19/2012 6:29 PM
Look, you folks have been insisting for a few weeks that Obama let terrorists kill the ambassador and his security detail and then lied about it. As the facts come out -- and they usually do -- your position has become increasingly preposterous, requiring an ever-widening conspiracy, now including General Petraeus, to sustain itself. I said from the very beginning that you'd all eventually look like idiots for trying to politicize this.

Nothing that Patraeus has said, thought, felt or believes is changing the lack of security angle...does it? Obama owns that hands down. That stands unabated....just dismissed by the minions.

If a good lawyer knows the truth and has control of the questions, he can make most anyone seem to have said most anything behind closed doors. I respect Dope1 explanation as the most likely scenareo. You do as you need to do.

Author: SaintPatrick1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1838649 of 1961950
Subject: Re: Is RICE an AUNT TOM? Date: 11/19/2012 6:42 PM
Look, you folks have been insisting for a few weeks that Obama let terrorists kill the ambassador and his security detail

No. It is an unchallenged fact that the administration did limit the amount of military presence in and around US facilities.

and then lied about it.

If not lied ... they have not gotten an A+ grade at explaining the loss of our Ambassador.

Author: Umm Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1838673 of 1961950
Subject: Re: Is RICE an AUNT TOM? Date: 11/19/2012 7:56 PM
" And amusingly, rightwingnuts now find themselves in the awkward position of arguing in favor of tipping off terrorist groups, i.e. aiding and abetting the enemy. Deliciously ironic."

It is not awkward for those that are used to ignoring that which is inconvienent.

Author: 99lashes Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1838674 of 1961950
Subject: Re: Is RICE an AUNT TOM? Date: 11/19/2012 8:02 PM
" And amusingly, rightwingnuts now find themselves in the awkward position of arguing in favor of tipping off terrorist groups, i.e. aiding and abetting the enemy. Deliciously ironic."

It is not awkward for those that are used to ignoring that which is inconvienent.

------------------------

Moronic.

Since when is acknowledging the obvious a tip off to anyone? With the info now out there, other than Obama's lie, what is exposed?

Nothing.

You lied and use magic claims to lend acceptability to it.

This does nothing for the security failures, except that it creates a distraction.

Carry on with carrying the water.

Author: JeSuisHistoire Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1838678 of 1961950
Subject: Re: Is RICE an AUNT TOM? Date: 11/19/2012 8:11 PM
<You lied and use magic claims to lend acceptability to it.

This does nothing for the security failures, except that it creates a distraction.>

I once had a cat who loved to hop into the bath tub and chase his tail.

This is more amusing.

Author: 99lashes Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1838679 of 1961950
Subject: Re: Is RICE an AUNT TOM? Date: 11/19/2012 8:14 PM
I once had a cat who loved to hop into the bath tub and chase his tail.

This is more amusing.

Yeah, but you got a cat litter box to dump, we still got all of these droppings.

And Bill, he is still looking at Uranus...thinking... to be or not to be....

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (87) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement