No. of Recommendations: 0
Is that also not typical in other places?


In CA, we generally use Grant deeds to transfer the property from seller to buyer. Quit Claim Deeds are typically for non-sale transfers, such as adding a new spouse to the title or moving property into a trust.

On the title insurance, sellers typically pay for that, but it can be negotiated. If the property is financed, the buyer will also buy a title insurance policy for the lender's benefit. So yes, there are two title insurance policies on a single financed sale transaction. My understanding is that they have some different terms, although I couldn't tell you what the differences are.

Print the post  


Useful Resources
Our Home Center has all you need to make buying and owning a home a great experience. Get or refinance a mortgage and much more!
Buying/Selling a Home FAQ

Mortgage Professor
Offsite resource for mortgage questions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.