UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread
Author: baanista One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 381  
Subject: Is that early Jimmy or late Jimmy style? Date: 1/30/2001 11:29 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 6
Some folks say that I've got the perfect life
Three swell kids, lots of toys and a lovely wife
I fly, I sail, I throw caution to the wind
Drift like a stratus cloud above the Caribbean

From Jamaica Mistaica on the Banana Wind album.

So are you looking for a "crash pad days" lifestyle or Jimmy's current boats, planes, fly to Jamaica when you feel the urge for Jerked Chicken lifestyle?

Or somewhere in between? How about "secure crash pad"? It wouldn't take much of a nest egg to support third world nation beach bum at a 4% safe withdrawal rate. You can cover a lot of ground if you operate in a "Lonely Planet" trekker manner.

Myself, I have way to much junk to operate semi permanently out of a backpack. We would have to fill up a large dumpster or 2 before we could get close to fitting in even a Grands Banks 36' like Dory36.

Right now we are going through a nesting phase. Getting settled in the house, doing lots of our own cooking, making regular trips to the library and getting our exercise by cutting brush. I have yet to see anything I couldn't afford that I wanted bad enough to want to go back to work.

It would be fun to do a middle class endless summer. A summer place in Maine and one in New Zealand, with a stops in Tahiti and Italy to break up the trip.

But indolence appeals to me. I CAN sit back and daydream away an afternoon. I don't start getting antsy and need to DO something. Besides, I have way to much stuff as it is. I am afraid I couldn't keep up with a lot extra toys.

So lucky me, I think I have enough, so I think I will stay quit.

Regards,
Baanista
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Heads Up, Real Estate Investors
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement