Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: RetiredVermonter Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 11153  
Subject: Is that the best they could do? Date: 4/2/2012 9:23 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Was that group the best they could find to sing our national anthem before the NCAA Championship game? Ye gods! They looked and sounded drunk!

Shameful.

Vermonter
Print the post Back To Top
Author: ramsfanray Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 11010 of 11153
Subject: Re: Is that the best they could do? Date: 4/2/2012 10:00 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I didn't see it. I long ago quit watching the anthem on tv. I've yet to regret it.

Author: Cicciano Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 11011 of 11153
Subject: Re: Is that the best they could do? Date: 4/3/2012 9:03 AM
Yeah, I usually mute the whole game so I don't have to listen to Clark Kellogg...

Author: MajorBob04 Two stars, 250 posts CAPS All Star Mission Olympia 2 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 11012 of 11153
Subject: Re: Is that the best they could do? Date: 4/3/2012 9:14 AM
I tuned in when the game actually started. I don't have time to waste watching a poor rendition of the song (if it was pooer). I didn't actually see it so I really can't judge them. It might be different if they had scheduled a great singer, but that usually happens at the World Series or Super Bowl, not the NCAA championship game.

Btw, Kentucky demonostrated why they were ranked number 1 and favored to win. They certainly had the most healthy talent (ignoring UNC, which suffered too many injuries).

Author: RetiredVermonter Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 11015 of 11153
Subject: Re: Is that the best they could do? Date: 4/3/2012 10:19 AM
You didn't miss much. They had the Marines present the colors, so I thought the Marine Band might play the anthem. No such luck. :(

We recorded the game (too late for us to watch it all!) and watched the second half this morning. Good for KY but bad for Kansas.

Vermonter

Author: RetiredVermonter Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 11016 of 11153
Subject: Re: Is that the best they could do? Date: 4/3/2012 10:22 AM
Recommendations: 1
We often mute the "commentators", especially Doris Burke, who blabs endlessly in the women's games!

My pet peeve: A foul is committed, so we fans want to know who committed it (it can affect the game, after all), but instead of telling us, they show some stupid clip of a "great shot" made previously -- and then go to commercial! Arrgh.

Vermonter

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement