UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: wcc11 Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 111  
Subject: is the party over? Date: 9/19/2007 11:52 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I didn't see where else on the boards I can post this so...

I'm pretty upset that the market has rebounded so quickly over the last few weeks. I'm not done buying my favorite stocks yet.

Does anyone here see any future buying opportunities? I doubt the credit problems are now solved with a 50 basis point cut.

thanks,
WCC
Print the post Back To Top
Author: TMFCogitarius Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Home Fool Global Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 94 of 111
Subject: Re: is the party over? Date: 9/19/2007 1:59 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Hi WCC - there will always be 'future buying opportunities' in any market, depending on what your buy criteria are. As you rightly point out, the credit problem hasn't disappeared with just one wave of Uncle Ben's magic wand. Cutting interest rates is like popping Tylenol for acute appendicitis. It makes you feel better, but doesn't necessarily tackle the root cause - in this case, poor credit and investment decisions driven by cheap money.

Emerging market opportunities will tend to be very volatile as long as they're 'emerging'. So you should literally plan for future buying opportunities for most GG companies with attractive valuations.

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement