Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
Is there a way to find out how many copies of an eBook have been sold? I notice on Kindle that they tell you the number of reviews an eBook has gotten but not the number of eBooks.

You can find out how many copies of your own books have been sold, it will show up on your account. For anyone else, you're pretty much limited (where Amazon is concerned) to seeing where the work in question is ranked. To see a given book's ranking, scroll down to Product Details.

For example, my cousin Jennifer, her husband's brother, Terry Mancour, has a novel out called Spellmonger. In the Kindle store, it's currently listed at #1602 (#1 would be the best selling Kindle ebook). Amazon also lists by genre, where Spellmonger is listed as #41 in Action and Adventure, and #89 in Fantasy.

It's hard to give those numbers context, but I do recall seeing him post on Facebook that he's sold maybe around 7000 copies, or thereabouts. Do not recall for certain if that was just for Spellmonger, or all the books he's done in that particular series.
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement