No. of Recommendations: 1
Is there a way to skip coming attractions when starting a DVD?

shotzongoal

I wish there were a simple answer. You could try the chapter-forward button to skip each promo but getting past all of them at once doesn’t have an answer.

It worsens with Blu-ray. When I try chaper-forward the screen says ‘This operation forbidden by this disc’. So I use the fast forward button.

My Blu-ray player has a ‘go to main menu’ button but that only works once you’re into the disc – not allowed for promos and copyright screens.

I know how it’s done: the promos are flagged to run and that flag can’t be manipulated.

To top it off it’s not consistent. Each disc is flagged differently. I have discs I can send to menu skipping the promos and some discs that don’t.

Maybe someone has it figured out.

MichaelR
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement