UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (17) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: ramsfanray Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1950910  
Subject: Is there any good news for the GOP tonight? Date: 11/6/2012 10:20 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
They have lost two Senate seats and got trounced in a third they thought they could switch.

How about the House? Any major pick-ups there?

And as I type this, Tim Kaine was just declared the winner of the Senate race in Virginia.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: FreethinkerKW Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1833272 of 1950910
Subject: Re: Is there any good news for the GOP tonight? Date: 11/6/2012 10:28 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Right on, Tim Kaine!

Author: ModernViking Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1833276 of 1950910
Subject: Re: Is there any good news for the GOP tonight? Date: 11/6/2012 10:31 PM
Recommendations: 0
The GOP just lost long time representation in MD's District 6 which includes some of the reddest ground in the state.

And a big F*& YEAH!! for Tim Kaine ... I heard it first from Ray!

Author: TheDope1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1833277 of 1950910
Subject: Re: Is there any good news for the GOP tonight? Date: 11/6/2012 10:33 PM
Nope. Pretty much a tough night all the way around. They'll have to rethink quite a lot of things going forward.

Author: kenm47 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1833279 of 1950910
Subject: Re: Is there any good news for the GOP tonight? Date: 11/6/2012 10:35 PM
Recommendations: 2
"They'll have to rethink quite a lot of things going forward."

About time they started thinking, period.

Ken

Author: TheDope1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1833284 of 1950910
Subject: Re: Is there any good news for the GOP tonight? Date: 11/6/2012 10:37 PM
Not responding to any cheap shots tonight. Enjoy your victory, and lets hope Obama learns that other people have valid opinions too.

Author: Watty56 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1833287 of 1950910
Subject: Re: Is there any good news for the GOP tonight? Date: 11/6/2012 10:39 PM
Is there any good news for the GOP tonight?

Akin and Mourdock are toast so maybe they can put the rape comments behind them.

Author: Hawkwin Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1833302 of 1950910
Subject: Re: Is there any good news for the GOP tonight? Date: 11/6/2012 10:51 PM
The only one that comes to mind is the NC Gov win for the GOP. First time since 1980 I believe.

Not much else that was not already predicted (like the new IN Gov being a Rep.).

Author: WuLong Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1833313 of 1950910
Subject: Re: Is there any good news for the GOP tonight? Date: 11/6/2012 11:00 PM
You might want to go to the Fox site (I know, I know) and click on the various state maps. You'll see a sea of red with islands of blue.
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/elections/2012-election-resu...

The bad news is that Obama and the Dems will have a tremendous tail wind as the economy comes back over the next 4 years.

Author: wittgenstein Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1833318 of 1950910
Subject: Re: Is there any good news for the GOP tonight? Date: 11/6/2012 11:05 PM
Yup, but it won't be so good for Iran.

jz ....timing is everything

Author: TheDope1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1833321 of 1950910
Subject: Re: Is there any good news for the GOP tonight? Date: 11/6/2012 11:07 PM
The real divide in the country is rural/urban.

Author: MasonMcDan Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1833444 of 1950910
Subject: Re: Is there any good news for the GOP tonight? Date: 11/7/2012 12:48 AM
Recommendations: 2
"The real divide in the country is rural/urban."

i.e. people who don't come into contact with people of various interests/backgrounds/ethnicities/religions/etc. vs people who do.

Author: TheDope1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1833495 of 1950910
Subject: Re: Is there any good news for the GOP tonight? Date: 11/7/2012 2:39 AM
i.e. people who don't come into contact with people of various interests/backgrounds/ethnicities/religions/etc. vs people who do.

Yep. All Republicans are racists. Bye.

Author: rubberthinking Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1833656 of 1950910
Subject: Re: Is there any good news for the GOP tonight? Date: 11/7/2012 10:28 AM
Yep. All Republicans are racists. Bye.

Dope,

We did not say all.....we are clearly saying there is too much racism in the politics of the GOP.......and that for many in the GOP it was the glue of the party.....sickening.....

Dave

Author: WuLong Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1833784 of 1950910
Subject: Re: Is there any good news for the GOP tonight? Date: 11/7/2012 1:25 PM
This may be of interest:

Most of the nation shifted to the right in Tuesday's vote,
but not far enough to secure a win for Mitt Romney.

www.nytimes.com/interactive/2012/11/07/us/politics/obamas-di...
The battleground states (FL, OH, PA) had some significant movement.

Otoh, take a look at what happened in AL and MS.
That's also quite interesting.

Author: Vetiver Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1833798 of 1950910
Subject: Re: Is there any good news for the GOP tonight? Date: 11/7/2012 1:48 PM
"Most of the nation shifted to the right in Tuesday's vote,
but not far enough to secure a win for Mitt Romney."

I think that this is a simplistic but wrong reading of the data. Normally, with unemployment so high, the incumbent would have no chance. Although Obama's winning has little to do with any shift, left or right (it was the republican failure to nominate a reasonable candidate) it would make more sense to compare Obama's performance with what would have been expected given the economy, not with 2008.

In fact, if you look at what happened in senate and local elections, it seems to me that the country shifted left. Gay marriage finally passed in a plebiscite, the youth vote maintained its turnout, the Hispanic vote up'd its influence.

V.

Author: MasonMcDan Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1833847 of 1950910
Subject: Re: Is there any good news for the GOP tonight? Date: 11/7/2012 2:46 PM
"Yep. All Republicans are racists. Bye."

If you could point out where I said or implied that, I'd appreciate it.

What I said is no different than saying a trip to Europe will expand your perspective.

How can you have much sympathy/understanding for others' circumstances when you don't have to confront it on any concrete level?

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (17) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement