No. of Recommendations: 1
Is there any option to say, gift a full position of $10,000 or less established by DRIPping to my child and get out of having to do the work of finding the cost basis?

Ah ha! That's where a certified Tax expert can help. That may be a possibilty. Here's a good article.

Unfortunately I did not keep good records for OKE which changed from ComputerShare to Wells Fargo so no clue how I'm going to handle the sale when I'm ready.

Have you contacted Wells Fargo? They should have some sort of record and advice. Do that first.
The IRS runs into this problem more than we realize. There's always a way. You can contact the IRS and talk with someone personally, or a Tax Advocate. You need to find someone who knows the rules.

Just going through a few of the current rules can be daunting.

IMHO and that's what it is; my opinion is, when you find the right forms and fill them out proper with all available info it'll be all Okay.
Print the post  


When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.