Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: nordicprince Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 143730  
Subject: is this a trial or a circus? Date: 7/9/2011 12:04 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
just kidding...I think it's proceeding very well for rmbs, and the RFP - ALL OF THEM - are doing an exceptional job over on the IV site (if only the IV site didn't have that 10-20 second delay every time you try do anything)

some are expressing concern that an RFP reporter may do something rash and cause problems...I think McBride is well in control of the courtroom and can handle anything that even looks like it may get out of spec...and I think the RFP is performing brilliantly, as usual...what a fantastic, grass-roots, effort

don't let the bashers get you down - same old losers with the same old messages

;-)
Print the post Back To Top
Author: OPA11111 One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Motley Fool One Everlasting Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 143681 of 143730
Subject: Re: is this a trial or a circus? Date: 7/9/2011 2:01 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Hi Nordic
What keeps going on in my mind is that if the dishonorable judge Payne was bought & paid for by the cartel members, how difficult would it be (with billions at stake) to buy 5 or 6 jurors?

Author: nordicprince Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 143682 of 143730
Subject: Re: is this a trial or a circus? Date: 7/10/2011 10:47 AM
Recommendations: 1
well, as much disdain as I hold for pain, I don't think he was bribed - I think the cartel just shopped and shopped until they found a like-minded jurist (the VA semi manufacturing plant may have been a "semi-bribe" I guess)

same thing with pain II -- errr, robinson...give them enough bites at the apple and they will find a worm or two

but I tend to discount the bribery theories

Author: OPA11111 One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Motley Fool One Everlasting Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 143683 of 143730
Subject: Re: is this a trial or a circus? Date: 7/10/2011 11:35 AM
Recommendations: 0
The other point in this trial is that they settled with the manufactures that were the most vulnerable (guilty pleas to the DOJ for price fixing). The two that they have left are micron-amnesty and Hyne - specifically no RDRAM in their guilty plea. Looks like they took the most dangerous route, with the ability to pay a question mark even if they get their big award.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement