Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: usmc0916 One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 3185  
Subject: Is this company Dead? Date: 8/2/2010 12:26 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Nothing exciting? Stock is doing terrible? Does anyone have any reason to hold on to this stock?

Denis
Print the post Back To Top
Author: jamesp717 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3171 of 3185
Subject: Re: Is this company Dead? Date: 8/2/2010 2:22 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Not looking very good, at this point I think I am just holding and hoping for a turn around.

James

Author: bearwhizbeer Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3172 of 3185
Subject: Re: Is this company Dead? Date: 8/3/2010 10:12 PM
Recommendations: 2
Does anyone have any reason to hold on to this stock?
------------
I'm about five percent under water here, and I don't expect a turn around. I'm hoping that some company will buy RAD and turn my minus five into plus five.

Author: usmc0916 One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3173 of 3185
Subject: Re: Is this company Dead? Date: 8/6/2010 9:38 AM
I have held on to this stock for a long time now and it's been a very bad spec for me. If your hoping for someone to take them over? Who do you think is a possible buyer? Do you have a time frame that your looking at? I want to get out of this position and probably will in the coming months. I this point all I have is hope which isn't alot...

Denis

Author: usmc0916 One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3174 of 3185
Subject: Re: Is this company Dead? Date: 8/9/2010 3:49 PM
Recommendations: 1
Big pop today! Is this because of the debt restructing? The senior notes won't be due till 2020 and 2015. The only benefit I see here is they bought themselves more time which is a good thing but does anyone see anything else or is there any other reason this stock is up over 8%?

Denis

Author: bearwhizbeer Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3175 of 3185
Subject: Re: Is this company Dead? Date: 8/10/2010 5:26 PM
Yesterday's pop becomes today's ... what's the opposite of pop?

Anywho, I don't know who I expect to buy the company. Here in San Francisco, Walgreen's assumed control of all the Rite-Aid stores. One result is that in a two block area, there are three huge Walgreen's, and at least five in four block area.

The land is worth something, the buildings are worth something, the business infrastructure has to be worth something. Since it's not a loss until I sell, I hate selling at a loss. My RAD investment represents about 2% of the Vast Family Fortune, so I can afford to sit on it and ride it out. And if I lose the whole nine yards, well, at this point, the whole nine yards is only a couple of inches, so we're looking at small beer.

Author: usmc0916 One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3176 of 3185
Subject: Re: Is this company Dead? Date: 8/23/2010 12:48 PM
I know the feeling it's less then 1% of my own fortune but I two hate selling at a lose and retail in general is in the gutter. I am hoping the entire sector makes a turn in the next year. I don't exactly see Raid Aid making a turn itself. However, if the sector turns more people will speculate on this one... I am probably going to ride it out into bankrupcy which should be at least a couple of years out at this point.

Denis

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement