UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (43) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: 2gifts Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 308519  
Subject: Re: How to get back to financial health Date: 2/6/2014 8:18 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Is your wife actively looking for a job in your district, which would really help with your situation now and going forward? If not, I suggest that she continue to do that so that when something does come up, she can make the move.

In the meantime, I would suggest continuing to look for after school care where someone can come to your house and watch the girls til your wife gets home. I imagine you're not using the after school program for more than an hour or so each day, and so for you, that would make it expensive even though it's a pretty good rate.

The girl next door is the ideal babysitter. However, she's so involved at school she isn't available to babysit very often, and not after school.

You sure that she wouldn't be willing to do this for you if the price was right? What if you paid her $20 per day for what is probably an hour til your wife gets home? That's good money for her, and would be an $82/week savings for you, so everyone would win.

My DD used to babysit in the neighborhood when she was in high school, and she would rearrange her schedule after school for certain clients because they paid her really well. And if your neighbor is in high school, she probably could use the money towards her college savings.

You have nothing to lose in asking, and even if she cannot do it, you could ask if she has a friend who may be interested.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (43) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

TMF Credit Center
The Motley Fool Credit Center arms you with real tools and simple messages, that will help you in every credit situation.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement