UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread
Author: wwwLearner Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 4898  
Subject: ISA funds or Property Investment? Date: 1/20/2013 8:04 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Hi all

Hi Coleyfish - I hope this post finds its way to you.
Thanks for your reply to my original post (29/11/12 – for some reason I cannot locate any of my posts so I am starting this one from scratch and hope this make sense finding it hard to find the right category). I have started calling ‘ fund platforms’ will let you know when I have got some comparisons.

An update.

As per my original post I am still thinking of looking to transfer all of my ISA unit funds from Cofunds platform to a self select direct funds network
freeing me of management fees (at least lower fees). However, the new pricing structure seems more complicated aind a bit more confusing to me a challenge to make comparison.

The main reason why I have hold on to these funds for 12 years is because of the tax free aspect of it. I am just wondering whether this really outweighs the profits (as I have not much of a profit after all the fees I say I have made 1% a year on profit)??
With the profit I have made, I wanted to know whether I have calculated the percentage of the profit correctly? What figures do you use?? As previously mentioned my IFA keeps telling me it is a long term investment and a possible return of 5%?? But cannot narrow down how many years is consider long term..

Once I have worked out the profit and see what options I have to increase the profit then I can make a comparison about property investment.

As I am now trying to work out whether selling all the funds and use the cash to buy a property (so mortgage free) will be a better investment? My calculations gives me a rental yield of at least 6.5% pa.. Can this be a better investment than funds? As I think as long as it is rented out there will be an income also it is more than 5% so to me it seems to have more certainty than the funds which seems volatile

Thanks for reading and
I look forward to hearing your thoughts.

Many thanks
L
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Intel's Broadwell Potential
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement