No. of Recommendations: 28
http://freedomoutpost.com/2013/04/still-think-islam-is-a-rel...

"While many in the media, including Fox News, CNN, the Washington Post and others, including politicians like Barack Hussein Obama and Rep. Keith Ellison (D-MN) continue to promote the lie that Islam is a “peaceful religion,” Freedom Outpost is allowing David Wood of “Answering Muslims” to respond to their claims from the Qur’an, in context, to demonstrate the lie that is being perpetrated on the American people that Islam is a religion of peace. Many of my own friends think Islam is harmless, but the reality of the Qur’an’s teaching tells us something very different. If you have any doubts that Islam is not a peaceful religion, this short video clip should convince any thinking person to reconsider an evaluation of Islam."

I highly recommend the video. I haven't read the Quaran in a while so I can't verify its veracity but I am getting quite tired of hearing "Islam is a religion of peace" and whenever I turn around another large group of people has been killed in he name of Allah. You don't see Christians going around blowing women and children up.

Did you know that since 911 there have been over 21,000 terrorist attacks? How do you reckon Islam is the religion of peace when they are responsible for over 21,000 terrorist attacks just in the last 11 or so years?

This will probably be removed as an attack on Islam when some Islam apologist sees it and calls it bigoted and the Left wing TMF sees it and removes it.

Cheers,

Vile
NEVER SAY DIE!!!
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
Now you did it. Yer gonna make Felix cry.
No. of Recommendations: 0
Libs will be able to digest the truth better when received from one of their own:

http://www.ijreview.com/2013/04/47883-for-kira-maher-video/
No. of Recommendations: 17
I highly recommend the video. I haven't read the Quaran in a while so I can't verify its veracity but I am getting quite tired of hearing "Islam is a religion of peace"...

Really? I'm tired of hearing that too, but the only people I ever hear say that are right-wing anti-Muslim bigots mocking the idea.

You don't see Christians going around blowing women and children up.

Actually, sometimes you do. Anders Breivik called himself a "Christian Crusader. Wade Page, the white-supremacist Christian who shot up a Sikh temple in Wisconsin said he was on a "holy war." And then there's Eric Rudolph, the Christian terrorist who bombed abortion clinics, a gay bar and most infamously, the Atlanta Olympics.

Christian terrorists aren't nearly as common as Muslim terrorists these days, but there are political and social reasons for that which have little if anything to do with either religion.

Did you know that since 911 there have been over 21,000 terrorist attacks? How do you reckon Islam is the religion of peace when they are responsible for over 21,000 terrorist attacks just in the last 11 or so years?

Because Islam, the religion, and Muslims in general, are no more responsible for acts of Islamist terrorism, regardless of how many of them there are, than Christianity and Christians in general are for acts of Christian terrorism, regardless of how many of them there are.
Religion of peace? When every Tom, Dick and Abdul get done perverting Islam to suit their own purposes, I don't know what the bloody hell it's supposed to be anymore. Some people, likely those who don't want the rest of us to kill every Muslim in sight, keep telling us it's a religion of peace, but while they're doing that every wackjob on the planet who wants to kill a bunch of people uses some passage from the Quran to justify their evil deeds. So what is Islam really, and if somebody who knows its real meaning were to start publicly teaching it, would anybody believe him?
So what is Islam really, and if somebody who knows its real meaning were to start publicly teaching it, would anybody believe him?

What if radical Islam is the 'real' religion and those advocating peace are the ones that are perverting the religion? There are entire countries that seem to believe the Islam we saw on display in Boston is the real religion.

I have no idea what the 'real' Islam is, but believing it is the religion of Peace and that the huge fundamentalist population is the folks perverting it, is not a given IMO.
In the courts, telling the truth is considered a valid defense in cases of defamation and slander.

IOW, if something you say does the recipient harm, they are not entitled to compensation if what you said was the truth.

I wish TMF followed these guidelines.
No. of Recommendations: 2

First, there may have been over 21,000 terrorist attacks, but that doesn't mean that they were all committed by Muslims.

Second, someone who is Muslim may commit an act of violence that is utterly unrelated to his or her religion, and is motivated by something else entirely.

Third, how many of those terror attacks ended up killing other Muslims?

I would venture to say that many, many, many of the crimes committed in this country are committed by people that self-identify as Christians. Murders, carjacking, muggings, burglary, rape, etc.

But does that mean that you can't call Christianity a religion of peace when Christians are responsible for (x) number of crimes in the last year alone?

Right now, just about everything motive-related for the Boston Marathon bombings is speculation. Pure speculation.

So why is the rhetoric being pumped up again?

GSF
Right now, just about everything motive-related for the Boston Marathon bombings is speculation. Pure speculation.

So why is the rhetoric being pumped up again?

In all honesty, if someone really has to answer that for you, then you simply will refuse to hear the answer, so answering would be silly.

It is hard to believe you feel you have a point, when the reason is so darn obvious?

Why do you feel that it is remotely unlikely given a militant Islam coming of age of the bomber, and a history of using such type of events for the militant Muslim cause and a use of tools that are typical of the genre a short time after a visit to hotbed of militant Islam activity.

Sorry, but you appear to be a joke.
Saying radical islamists represent all muslims is like saying the west boro babtist chruch represents all christians.
No. of Recommendations: 3
First, there may have been over 21,000 terrorist attacks, but that doesn't mean that they were all committed by Muslims.

True, only 20742 have been committed by Muslims in the name of their religion. So you are absolutely correct. I know of no terrorist attacks committed by Christians, in the name of Christianity or not.

Third, how many of those terror attacks ended up killing other Muslims?

In your eyes it's OK as long as it's other Muslims being killed? I suppose you condone murders by African Americans because most of their victims are also black.

Pure racism on your part, nothing more.
In your eyes it's OK as long as it's other Muslims being killed? I suppose you condone murders by African Americans because most of their victims are also black.

Pure racism on your part, nothing more.

Don't you think it would be rather difficult to make the case that an attack done by someone, to someone of the same (attribute) would be motivated BY that attribute?

I don't condone attacks on anyone, by anyone, for pretty much any reason.

GSF
No. of Recommendations: 6
"First, there may have been over 21,000 terrorist attacks, but that doesn't mean that they were all committed by Muslims."

Since 911? I don't recall very many that weren't committed by Islamists. Seriously?

"Second, someone who is Muslim may commit an act of violence that is utterly unrelated to his or her religion, and is motivated by something else entirely."

But I bet you can't name one that was claimed otherwise.

"Third, how many of those terror attacks ended up killing other Muslims?"

How does that make it a religion of peace? I'm confused. If it is against non-muslims it isn't peaceful but if it is, it is peaceful? Weird.

"I would venture to say that many, many, many of the crimes committed in this country are committed by people that self-identify as Christians. Murders, carjacking, muggings, burglary, rape, etc."

But not in the name of God or Christianity. See the difference?

"But does that mean that you can't call Christianity a religion of peace when Christians are responsible for (x) number of crimes in the last year alone?"

I am pretty comfortable saying modern Christianity is a religion of peace since I can't think of even one instance of terrorism committed in the name of God.

"Right now, just about everything motive-related for the Boston Marathon bombings is speculation. Pure speculation."

Uh, yeah, not so much. We know they were Chechen. We know Chechnya is pretty much a Muslim country. We know the older one liked Islamo Killers. We know he spent 6 months in Russia recently and his pro-Islamo-Fascist fascination grew as a result. We know he blew up lots o Americans and we know people don't usually do that on a whim. Admittedly, I don't know where you are from so maybe where you come from people say, "Hmm, should I go out and get a pizza or blow up a bunch of women and children." If that's the case, I can see where you would be confused.

Where I come from there is a saying. If it walks like a duck, it looks like a duck and it quacks like a duck, it's a duck. People where I come from aren't real slow that way.

"So why is the rhetoric being pumped up again?"

Hmm. Let me give you a clue. Since 911, this is the first successful major terrorist attack on American soil and it happened on 0bummer's watch. 3 people were killed during the actual attack including an 8 year old boy which he had to have seen when he dropped the pack. Almost 200 people were injured and quite a few (I don't have the number) lost limbs (a horrendous amount I suspect).

Does that help answer your question in any way? I'm available for remedial lessons in common sense if you would like to enhance your understanding though I am not sure it will take since I don't think common sense is learned beyond the age of 18.

Please do let me know if you have any more questions. I am always happy to help out any way I can.

Cheers,

Vile
NEVER SAY DIE!!!
No. of Recommendations: 5
Saying radical islamists represent all muslims is like saying the west boro babtist chruch represents all christians.

Saying radical islamists represent the Muslims who cheer them on is vastly different from saying Westboro Baptist represents all the Christians who condemn them.

Some leftists have no problem with holding up Westboro as a typical example of how intolerant Christians are.
Don't you think it would be rather difficult to make the case that an attack done by someone, to someone of the same (attribute) would be motivated BY that attribute?

Not at all. You see, Islam consists of a great many sects. Quite a few of those sects denounce one or more other sects as heretics or apostates, and according to the Koran the punishment for either of those is death.
Some leftists have no problem with holding up Westboro as a typical example of how intolerant Christians are.

I know quite a few progressives do this. But what truly befuddles me, is why anyone takes folks, who seem to not be able to tell the difference between running a few countries and having a strong global presence from a small group of losers in some backwater.

I will not vouch for your data, but I do have a question; what do you propose be done about your claim? Shall we carpet bomb Mecca? How about we round up all Muslims and put them in camps? Maybe we just burn and bulldoze all the mosques in the US and deport the Muslims back to the middle east. Is this along the lines of what you are thinking?

Just curious what you think needs to be done.
Saying radical islamists represent the Muslims who cheer them on is vastly different from saying Westboro Baptist represents all the Christians who condemn them.

I realize that outside of the fool.com we are probably not on too many of the same web pages.

Were there instances of cheering after the Boston bombing?

In writing this post I searched for some, but only found multiple listings of a single Facebook post, that included people asking them what is so good about innocent people getting killed.

One facebook post, linked to from multiple sources.

If there are more I can't find them.

Here is what I found from established Muslim leaders:

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2013-04-21/news/ct-met-mu...
Chicago Muslims condemn actions of Boston bombing suspects

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/04/22/islamic-leader-is...
president of the American Islamic Forum for Democracy (AIFD), has a message for Muslim Americans: Step up to the plate and work diligently to combat Islamism and extremism.

If you recall, right wing conservative Erik Rush wanted to kill all Muslim prior to confirmation that the attackers were Muslim. Presumably he has not changed his stance now that we have confirmation that the guilty are Muslim.

Do you condem or support his proposal to kill all Muslims?

Even the children?
Ignored guest: Saying radical islamists represent all muslims is like saying the west boro babtist chruch represents all christians

Say, didn't Fred Phelps run for office as a Dem? Why yes, I beleive he did... several times in fact. Fred knew where he'd feel at home.
Say, didn't Fred Phelps run for office as a Dem? Why yes, I believe he did... several times in fact. Fred knew where he'd feel at home.

Yes he did.

He never finished better than last in the primaries.

It looks like he was wrong about how Dems would react to him.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fred_Phelps#Electoral_history

The best he did was in one of the two. two way races, where he finished last getting only one out of every three votes.

that works out to about 4 a day ........not unreasonable.

all Muslim?

..... apr 15, there were 40 in Iraq ....

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/15_April_2013_Iraq_attacks
... apr 15, there were 40 in Iraq ....

Do those count as "Islamic" terrorism? Seems more like civil war to me.
... apr 15, there were 40 in Iraq ....

Do those count as "Islamic" terrorism? Seems more like civil war to me.

sounds like chaos in the aftermath of US ill-advised invasion to me...

but it is Muslim on Muslim, so for the OP i'd guess 'yes Islamic terrorism' (and since apparently to intimidate voters in coming election, i would call it terrorism
but it is Muslim on Muslim, so for the OP i'd guess 'yes Islamic terrorism' (and since apparently to intimidate voters in coming election, i would call it terrorism

It's terrorism for sure. I don't think it's Islamist though. They're not killing each other for religious reasons as much as for political ones. It's like the civil war in Northern Ireland, the teams are designated by religion, but religion's not really the issue.
No. of Recommendations: 3
You don't see Christians going around blowing women and children up.

Except, you know, in Ireland and abortion clinics and the KKK.

It's terrorism for sure. I don't think it's Islamist though. They're not killing each other for religious reasons as much as for political ones. It's like the civil war in Northern Ireland, the teams are designated by religion, but religion's not really the issue.

? what is the issue then..

they SAY it's because their religion (Sunni/Shia, Catholic) being repressed.... mostly political, but more than just team designation.

if that's not religious, what is?
? what is the issue then...

Political power.

Neither side really cares how the other side worships. It's tribal, not ideological.
No. of Recommendations: 6
"Because Islam, the religion, and Muslims in general, are no more responsible for acts of Islamist terrorism, regardless of how many of them there are, than Christianity and Christians in general are for acts of Christian terrorism, regardless of how many of them there are."

Let's see. So far we have the conservative OP trying to smear all of a religion with the actions of two people, followed by a few other noted conservative posters piling on for good measure. Then when multiple non-conservative posters point out illogic (and bigotry) of doing so, none of the conservative posters agree that indeed the OP was wrong or used poor bigoted logic. Instead the either attacked the non-conservative posters or mounted the feeble defense of the crying 5-year old child : "Someone else is doing it too".

And anyone wonders why conservatives have such a hard time attracting minority votes?

Ah, right, it must just be the free stuff. It has nothing to do with not feeling welcome.

There is a lesson to be learned here. I have a feeling that not too many are going to get it though because after all according to them, I have nothing to contribute to the board.

Their loss.
So we have been updated. It seems teenage terrorists prefer expensive cars. I wonder where this money comes from ?

Boston bomb brothers 'did act ALONE and were motivated by religion', suspect claims in scrawled note

In preliminary interviews with Dzhokhar, the terror suspect said his brother wanted to defend Islam from attack, a source told CNN.

On Saturday afternoon, two 19-year-old men from Kazakhstan thought to be friends of the Boston brothers were arrested - as it was revealed the pair drove around in a black BMW with vanity plates that read 'TERROISTA#1.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2313218/Boston-bombi...
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Let's see. So far we have the conservative OP trying to smear all of a religion with the actions of two people...

Not just two. Hundreds. Maybe thousands. Still...

And anyone wonders why conservatives have such a hard time attracting minority votes? Ah, right, it must just be the free stuff. It has nothing to do with not feeling welcome.

In 2000, 70% of American Muslims voted for Bush. In 2012, 7% voted for Romney. Like Hispanics, they more socially conservative than voters in general and would be a natural GOP constituency if they weren't so turned off by Republican bigotry.

There is a lesson to be learned here. I have a feeling that not too many are going to get it though because after all according to them, I have nothing to contribute to the board.

Nothing besides facts, common sense and sanity.
Yeah, the left-wing media outlets (iow most of what passes itself off as 'news') are trying their darndest to spin the Muslim connection as irrelevant. An excerpt from Al Sharpton's show yestereday (on MiSiNformedBullCr@p network of course):

>>you talked to people in the mosque that he attended in the boston area.
What did they tell you, brian?
>> Well, as the boston globe reported, he even stuck out in the mosque, as you pointed out.
He was espousing things that were quite radical.
At one point he was shouted down and basically forced to leave the mosque being.
>> Shouted down by members of the mosque?
>> Exactly.
By fellow members of the congregation.
He had basically shouted down an a amom, basically calling him an unbeliever, some of the things king and the prophet mohammed, saying that he was a nonbeliever and shouldn't be leaving the congregation and the rest of the them didn't like that and he was forced to leave.
>> His uncle says it wasn't the religion, it was the radicalization.
Listen to the uncle.
>> It wasn't devotion.
It was something as it's called being radicalized.
I called one of the who is private to the family and i said, are you aware who might be possibly influencing him?
Is it his mother or what is it?
And they said there is someone who brainwashed him, some newly convert to islam.
>> Brainwashed, newly convert who in the uncle's mind distorted the religion.
Clint?
>> Well, that happens in all religion, too, al.
Not just in radical islam fund meant talism.
But look at david korsesh who preached and yet did terrible tings things that he did.
Anyone can take the good concepts of a religion and turn that into something that gives them the right to commit murder and mayhem.
>> No doubt about it.

http://livedash.ark.com/transcript/politicsnation/5304/MSNBC...

Of course, 'it happens in all religions' is never offered by the libtards as an excuse when it comes to perceived 'Christian bigotry and hatred against (fill in the politically correct group)'
What's the "Muslim Connection?"
"I will not vouch for your data, but I do have a question; what do you propose be done about your claim? Shall we carpet bomb Mecca? How about we round up all Muslims and put them in camps? Maybe we just burn and bulldoze all the mosques in the US and deport the Muslims back to the middle east. Is this along the lines of what you are thinking?"

I don't think that way but clearly it is right on the tip of the tongue of your average Leftist. I was merely pointing out that Islamic fundamentalism is rampant and I don't believe you can call it a religion of peace given what I see.

"Just curious what you think needs to be done."

I think we need to quit acting like being their friends is going to make them our friends. I don't think we should be giving weapons to Muslims. I think we ought to profile better and not be afraid of it because some bleeding hearts think we might hurt someone's feelings. I think we should more actively deport those who show a tendency for advocating Islamist behavior and the killing of Americans.

That's just off the top of my head. I am sure there is much more we could do. Not even close to carpet bombing anyone eh?

Tell me, why do you think we ought to carpet bomb them? Why is that so much on the tip of your tongue? Do you have hatred in your heart that you even hide from yourself? Why do you so naturally go to the extremist view?

Cheers,

Vile
NEVER SAY DIE!!!
"Let's see. So far we have the conservative OP trying to smear all of a religion with the actions of two people, followed by a few other noted conservative posters piling on for good measure. Then when multiple non-conservative posters point out illogic (and bigotry) of doing so, none of the conservative posters agree that indeed the OP was wrong or used poor bigoted logic."

I wondered which morot would trot out the bigot card first. I shouldn't have had to wonder. The man with the least useful stuff to say......as usual.

Cheers,

Vile
NEVER SAY DIE!!!
"I wondered which morot would trot out the bigot card first. I shouldn't have had to wonder. The man with the least useful stuff to say......as usual."

Thanks for proving my point about being unable to learn. I appreciate it.

Enjoy the 7% of muslim votes you party is going to get going forward.
<"Second, someone who is Muslim may commit an act of violence that is utterly unrelated to his or her religion, and is motivated by something else entirely.">

How about the one from a couple of years ago where a Muslim couple opened up a new cable tv station to portray the lack of attention given to moderate Muslims. The opening of the station was played out with great fanfare with plenty of fluff pieces telling a heartwarming feel good story.

Fast forward to the cable station becoming a total financial failure due to lack of viewers. When the wife decided that she wanted out of the marriage, the husband decided that that was an unacceptable choice on her part. He beheaded her in the middle of the vacent tv studio.

This wasn't an act of terrorism unless you happened to be the woman who literally lost her head. I'm sure the action had nothing to do with the man's religion as that type of thing happens every day among secular people too.

BG
"Really? I'm tired of hearing that too, but the only people I ever hear say that are right-wing anti-Muslim bigots mocking the idea."

Hey, you don't think iamski is going to pass up an opportunity to bash the muslim religion do you?

Meanwhile, looks like there was a whole congregation of muslims looking to help the police with the bombers and the police appreciated their offer:

http://gma.yahoo.com/muslim-leaders-sought-negotiate-accused...
Advertisement