Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
Isn't H&R Block(heads) wonderful. According to the instructs for Form 8606, the $4k distribution for non-deducted IRA contributions should be put on line 15, part II of that form. The impact would have been to reduce the Roth conversion (for taxable income) by $4K. It looks like you should also fill out part I, in order to get the basis of the non-deductible IRA's in order. It might result in some additional tax tax. Of course, this would also have to be done with a 1040X amended return. Take it back to H&R Block to have them get it straight. I'm sure they charged you BuKoo for this, so get your money's worth.

Hope this helps.
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.