UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: lhaselden Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 176542  
Subject: Israeli election Date: 1/23/2013 10:59 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
A badly weakened Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu scrambled Wednesday to keep his job by extending his hand to a new centrist party that advocates a more earnest push on peacemaking with the Palestinians after Israel's parliamentary election produced a stunning deadlock.

http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/01/23/16658592-surpr...
Print the post Back To Top
Author: lhaselden Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 175047 of 176542
Subject: Re: Israeli election Date: 1/23/2013 11:00 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
If you read the article... do you think Netanyahu had influence on American elections or did Obama have influence on Israeli elections??

Author: lhaselden Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 175048 of 176542
Subject: Re: Israeli election Date: 1/23/2013 11:03 AM
We are allies and as such we influence each other.

The main difference is that the US probably has as many anti-semites as we have Jews.

There may be anti-american Israelis... but they are very quiet!

Many of the religious right in this country do not know the difference between Israel the nation and the Israel spoken of in the OT.

Author: lhaselden Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 175049 of 176542
Subject: Re: Israeli election Date: 1/23/2013 11:25 AM
Tensions with the United States, Israel's most important ally, also may have factored into the shift to Lapid. President Barack Obama was quoted last week as saying that Netanyahu was undermining Israel's own interests by continuing to build Jewish settlements on occupied lands the Palestinians want for a future state.

http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/01/23/16658592-surpr...

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement