Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
As a psychologist who is employed, I also earn Schedule C income. One of the insurers I deal with has been having difficulty attributing monies for services I rendered for my employer as if it was mine. Throughout 1999 my employer has been attempting to correct the problem and thought, in fact, that it was corrected - until recently.

Last week I was sent a 1099 for 1999 for income that was erroneously attributed to my SS# as opposed to my employer's federal tax number. When I called, this issuer told me according to their records the bill for services in question was associated with my number. It may have been, but they have been making this mistake all year. They were reluctant to have me send the 1099 back. Any suggestions please. Thanks!
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.