No. of Recommendations: 0
It could also be a callable CD. The FISN site offers 7+ per cent interest there on 20 year terms with the usual 1 year call provision. Its a jumbo of course. I've never bothered to check and see if there are fees involved, but I believe they are FDIC insured.

The terms are a little funky too, some of them don't pay until maturity or unless called. You could be waiting for your money a looooong time.

They do have one step up bonus CD that looks good. Its callable after one year, but only requires a 25k buy and pays 5+ per cent to start and finishes at 7.25 at year 10 (the full term). Pays semi annual. I probably won't buy it, but it looks like the best they offer, and no fees...which I wouldn't want to pay.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement